• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Gran Poder

You can critique it if you want, but did not wanted to call it Critique Wanted...

This is the Gran Poder carnival here in Bolivia's capital La Paz, you can probably guess that it stands for Grate Power. Or Our Lord of Grate Power. There was an image (canvas) of the likeness of Christ with three faces that seams to be popular at the beginning of the colony 1520's but the leadership of the Bolivian church did not like and it did not help the situation that locals where asking different things to the left, center or wright face of the image... for yourself: the center face, for good to others the wright .. and, you guess ok again, for "people that don't like you, not so good things to the left face"... anyway, I'm probably going way off topic here, but just wanted to explain where the Gran Poder is coming from...

This image I was happy to be able to pull since there is movement blur all over the dress and the face is perfect, focus and still... then I am happy with the crop... colors are completely wrong again on the web of course...

... sorry I have been absent again from OPF...

GRANPODER-1.jpg

Nikon D300 and 200mm zoom

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
... colors are completely wrong again on the web of course...

... sorry I have been absent again from OPF...

Hi Leonardo

your image had Prophoto icc profile embedded!

I converted to sRGB (that's all I did!) for those who don't use icc aware browsers…

GRANPODER-1.jpg

Does colors look better now?

BTW no need to be sorry for being absent from OPF, we all have some work to do sometime… :)

PS your image is bit too large for my MacBook Pro laptop… which is a pity as I can't see it as a whole…
For example I can't determine if the hat and green palm on lower right is disturbing or not…

Mais quelle débauche de couleurs! Très beau!

Thank you Nicolas, I have to become more icc profile aware for internet. Colors definitively look different and the dress looks much brighter I think it may be even to much saturated -at least on my monitor- and the pavement has a magenta cast... color highlights are devoid of detail like the object she has in her hand ...

"PS your image is bit too large for my MacBook Pro laptop… which is a pity as I can't see it as a whole…
For example I can't determine if the hat and green palm on lower right is disturbing or not…"
I think I posted it too large, but I am enthusiastic -maybe over- about my own image...

here is a smaller link from Facebook

4595_86495937083_668172083_1981310_956662_n.jpg

I was thinking exactly the same about the other objects in the frame and I think that would not crop it (I am a non cropper by default) and I will never stop thinking if they distract or not... (we are distracted by them now je je)

"Mais quelle débauche de couleurs! Très beau! "​

according to Wikipedia

a débauche est un usage excessif ou/et déréglé de tous les plaisirs des sens, particulièrement de ceux de l'amour et de ceux de la table. La débauche est aussi la recherche de la perte de conscience de l'être par l'usage de psycholeptiques, la recherche d'un état d'être différent, autre que l'état qui ne fait pas usage de ces moyens, pour l'atteinte consciente de cet état.

just love it, so French .. and to illustrate a débauche ... (also from Wikipedia)

Stoeber-Prasser.jpg