• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bootcamp 1.1.1 Public Beta

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Optical LED for audio out no longer stays on when not in use
Audio no longer plays on internal speakers when headphones or external speakers are plugged in
Notebook Macintosh computers running Windows XP now go to sleep when idle
Internal microphone now works on MacBook computers using Windows XP

Date and time stay in sync when running Windows
Other features:
Support for the latest Intel-based Macintosh computers
Easier partitioning using presets for popular sizes
Ability to install Windows XP on any internal disk
Support for built-in iSight cameras
Support for built-in microphones
Right-click when pressing the right-hand Apple key on Apple keyboards
Improved Apple keyboard support including Delete, PrintScreen, NumLock, and ScrollLock keys

Paul Caldwell

I installed it last night, no real changes for what I use. Macbook pro 17" Simple process to upgrade, just download the new version and install it on the mac, then burn a CD with the new drivers to intall on the windows side.

My 2 main issues on the Macbook Pro.

1. No way to disable the trackpad while typing. I have large hands and my palms will hit the track pad while typing and this constantly moves the mouse around and occasionally will cause a bigger problem if I am not watching.

2. HEAT, the MacbookPro does run hotter under XP. This tells me that all the powermanagement hasn't been figured out and or Mac really hasn't looked at it too much. All CoreDuo type chips have a bus (PCI I believe) where the temp of the process can be managed, watched etc. You can also turn down the processor so that you aren't running full out. I feel that when under XP, no matter what power management scheme you have picked, you basically are running full out, even though the processor activity shows you are idle.

I also now believe that when you have the Macbookpro attached to the AC adatper, that the heat under XP is even worse. Last night I did most of my work on battery, and then started to charge the machine and was amazed at how much hotter it got. Basically I had been OK keeping it in my lap, but while on the AC adapter it got unconfortable.

It's also disconerting to see the posts that show how some of the termal paste was applied to the important chips on the Pro's. Way too much and very sloppy. Some folks have opened theirs up and cleaned this up, but I don't want to go there.

Paul C.