• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My first real exhibit

Jean Henderson

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been around in months, but am resurfacing a bit again with news that the local artist supply store's gallery is exhibiting my work as a solo show this month. They feature a different artist each month. Now, if I can remember how to upload, I'll share with you the images that have garnered the most attention to date.

p1264754374-4.jpg

Jean Henderson: Orange Coneflowers

Boat Reflection-.jpg

Jean Henderson: Boat Reflection

The full exhibit contents is featured on the home page of my zenfolio site.

Jean

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My choice:

Boat Reflection-.jpg

Jean Henderson: Boat Reflection

Hi Jean,

This abstraction of the boat into the water makes for an impressive image to grace a grand indoor space in a modern home or office building, so, if printable large, it should sell. Good luck on this work. I do hope you get leads from the exhibit. Certainly, you have a morale boost.

Asher

Jean Henderson

Hi Asher,

Thanks for the kind comments. In the exhibit, it is printed at 12x18 and still looks good, but I do my own printing and that is the largest size I can print. I would be willing to try outsourcing it to an inkjet printer, though, for larger sizes. It's getting lots of comments. And, yes, in addition to the morale boost, my name seems to be getting around the local scene. I've even been asked to join the local artist cooperative, but not sure I want to do that yet. It's costly OTOH, and you still have to put in 8 hours a week OTOH. Still, it might be a good place to broaden my contacts so I just might do it.

Locally, a former student of Minor White said it was a "wonderful exhibit" while another older gentleman in his 80s who is top flight and who has kept up with the digital transformation said he was "impressed." Pretty heady stuff for little ole me who, despite my age, still feels mostly like a 20 year old (so long as I don't consult my bones!).

Jean