• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shooting harvest in some beautiful châteaux around Bordeaux

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Of course the 645 D did a marvelous job even in "conditions" such as haze and cloudy skies…

Let’s start at Pomerol and Château Clinet !

_NCL6799_1.jpg

Early morning' haze

_NCL6873_1.jpg

_NCL7488.jpg

_NCL7492.jpg

_NCL7158.jpg

The church of Pomerol

_NCL6826_1.jpg

nicolas claris

_NCL6755_1.jpg

_NCL6724_1.jpg

_NCL6935_1.jpg

Hand sorting

_NCL7403.jpg

Barrels in the wharehouse…
Not a double exposition, not a reflection on glass, no photoshop…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

_NCL7403.jpg

Barrels in the wharehouse…

Nicolas,

Of course, I enjoy Bordeaux wines and have a wine cellar that could receive a bunch of cases! I'm glad to see this fresh photography application of your feeling for nature, matured with the sea, boats and architecture, now so well applied to harvest time with such lush grapes!

I love the entire series and will comment more, but just for now, this picture, with the double exposure, has interesting dynamics. It brings to mind the the double images in the new 3D film by the French-Swiss Director, in the movie, Goodbye Language

Asher

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

Of course, I enjoy Bordeaux wines and have a wine cellar that could receive a bunch of cases! I'm glad to see this fresh photography application of your feeling for nature, matured with the sea, boats and architecture, now so well applied to harvest time with such lush grapes!

I love the entire series and will comment more, but just for now, this picture, with the double exposure, has interesting dynamics. It brings to mind the the double images in the new 3D film by the French-Swiss Director, in the movie, Goodbye Language

Asher

Thanks Asher for the kind words.
However, read the caption, this image is :
But was shoot on purpose (no luck there but technique)

Ah ah !

nicolas claris

Thank you Dr !

Now lets pay a visit to the Château de Reignac, another family owned vineyard.

_NCL8405.jpg

_NCL8466.jpg

_NCL8488.jpg

_NCL8507.jpg

_NCL8518.jpg

_NCL8526.jpg

Harvest is done manually, this machine is used to collect grapes.

Oh, Nicolas, how wonderful to be able to be there while there is a harvest. I'm surprised that it is so early in the year... I would have thought only in the fall ...... oh, nevermind, I see that this is from several years ago.. how funny!

I do have to say though, that I wish I could correct their sign... on appointment means they translated directly; it should say By Appointment Only! :)

Even though from many years ago, happy to see this as I must have missed it back then. :) Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Of course the 645 D did a marvelous job even in "conditions" such as haze and cloudy skies…

Let’s start at Pomerol and Château Clinet !

Later, mon ami Francais!

_NCL6799_1.jpg

Early morning' haze

This quiet image is all that we could imagine and only misses the sounds of the breeze skimming gently over fields or an early morning hawk looking for that errant field mouse scurrying along, collecting her groceries!

Often, when there a lush grapes, interesting denizens and an occasional comely tour guide, this quiet scenes like this are missed!

Thanks, Nicolas!

I returned to look again and it’s worth the revisit!

Asher

nicolas claris

Hello Maggie,

Oh, Nicolas, how wonderful to be able to be there while there is a harvest. I'm surprised that it is so early in the year
True, but all these colors and activities are so easy to catch!
In order to introduce ourselves (and our work) in the Bordeaux vineyard community, we shot the same areas in Winter and had this exhibition

... I would have thought only in the fall ...... oh, nevermind, I see that this is from several years ago.. how funny!
My turn to be late, but not as much as you! :)

I do have to say though, that I wish I could correct their sign... on appointment means they translated directly; it should say By Appointment Only! :)

Ah! Was not me! ;)

.Even though from many years ago, happy to see this as I must have missed it back then. :) Maggie

Just in case you're curious to see more, here's a link to my exhibitions…

nicolas claris

Thank you Antonio!

That is funny how this old thread is resurected!
Thanks to Dawid Loubser… who loved the RR car :)