• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

7 1/2 Street

7_1_2_street_by_rufusthered-dbtdhl2.jpg

Not 7th, not 8th, but ....
Cheers, Mike

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
This would be a great name for a movie!
You bet!
In 1963 Federico Fellini realised (Otto e mezzo) with Marcello Mastroianni, Anouk Aimée, Claudia Cardinale etc.
8½ won the
- Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film and Best Costume Design in 1964
- Grand Prize at the 3rd Moscow International Film Festival in 1963

Thanks for the comments Asher, Nicholas, Wolfgang.
This would be a great name for a movie!

Just look at the sky. So what would the story be about? Is it a comedy, a "whodunnit" or Tragedy?

Asher

Were the photo a scene from a movie, I think of the British Carry On farces or (at best) a Kubrick/Jack Nicholson collaboration (e.g., The Shining). 8 1/2 remains one of my all time favourite movies, Nicholas, but a bit too sophisticated for this photo.

Here's another photo from the same session: the 3rd Street, 7 1/2 Avenue intersection.

7_5_13_streetimg_3896_lu_small_by_rufusthered-dbtfbs3.jpg

Cheers
Mike

Doug Kerr

Hi, Mike,

Many cities have "1/2" numbered streets, but of course the street numbering system in Duluth is pretty bizarre even without that!

Great shot.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Hi, Mike,

Many cities have "1/2" numbered streets, but of course the street numbering system in Duluth is pretty bizarre even without that!

Great shot.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Hi Doug

Half numbered streets are new to me. Despite having driven around Duluth system for 18 years, this was the first such encounter. It really amused me. Glad you liked the photos.

Cheers
Mike

Doug Kerr

Hi, Mike,

Half numbered streets are new to me. Despite having driven around Duluth system for 18 years, this was the first such encounter. It really amused me. Glad you liked the photos.

I first encountered a half-numbered street in Galveston, Texas many years ago on a vacation trip to the area. I find that there are also such things in Rochester, Minnesota. And probably other places as well.

Houses with half numbers are also encountered in various places (especially where a second house had been built at the back of a lot).

Yes, this pictures are wonderful. Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug