• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sports anyone?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Michael,

There is something way fascinating about this image!

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug,

I think that it's so fascinating first because it has repeats, the horses look like waiting animals. Whenever things are lined up like this one also has the sense of a journey.

However there are two additional reasons. First it brings to mind a famous pictures of the Trojan horse and also it reminds us of a fine photograph in OPF, from Germany too, of a child's rocking horse outside a post war apartment complex.

Asher

Michael Nagel

Doug,

Thanks. I tried different versions just with a slightly different viewpoint, but I like this one the most.

Best regards,
Michael

Jarmo Juntunen

Hi Michael, I like the way you document things you see and seemingly care about. Most people would pass these sights without paying any attention to them.

Michael Nagel

Hi Jarmo,

Thanks. Apparently mundane scenes for onlookers are part of the life of other people, so for me these scenes require attention like anything else. These were taken in a quarter with a lot of new buildings, too new that a typical 'feel' of that part of Munich could develop yet. I have to return there...

Best regards,
Michael