• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: choir leaders

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi,

I have the pleasure to photograph the gigs of a Youth choir in our region here, concerts and competitions ...
I'd like to show you some quite interesting studies of different choirleaders ...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Great isolation of each selected performer while maintaining context!

Lucky to have Sir Elton John in the 3rd shot, LOL!

Where is this and do you use a sound blimp to muffle the shutter?

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Asher

all shots except "Elton" were taken nearby where I live, in Feldkirch, Austria during a competition for choirs.
"Elton" was shot during a Holy Mess in our local church.
All photos taken with the 5D Mark III in silent mode.

Asher Kelman

Hi Asher

all shots except "Elton" were taken nearby where I live, in Feldkirch, Austria during a competition for choirs.
"Elton" was shot during a Holy Mess in our local church.
All photos taken with the 5D Mark III in silent mode.

Wolfgang,

What exactly happens in "silent mode"? Just delaying the slap of the mirror until the music is over or one can take a sequencevof shots, or at intervals without disturbing anyone?

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi
the silent mode works with a very low shutternoise, not without noise, but very silent.
But still, especially during very silent parts of music you have to be very sensitiv to get the moment for the shot.
But most of the time I get the necessary distance for not to disturb the singers by using the 24-105 or the 200mm lens.

Asher Kelman

Hi,

I have the pleasure to photograph the gigs of a Youth choir in our region here, concerts and competitions ...
I'd like to show you some quite interesting studies of different choirleaders ...

Wolfgang,

For a moment, I was so taken by the beautiful B&W presentation that I unconsciously "switched" your camera in my mind from the Canon 5D III to the Fujifilm XE II which has amazing in camera processing!

So how did you arrive at this result?

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Asher
Wolfgang,

For a moment, I was so taken by the beautiful B&W presentation that I unconsciously "switched" your camera in my mind from the Canon 5D III to the Fujifilm XE II which has amazing in camera processing!

So how did you arrive at this result?

Asher

Well, it's all raw, developed in C1 and using AlienSkin to turn into bw ...

Asher Kelman

Hmm, I must try that! I used to use Alien Skin many years back. Have you ever compared it to Nik Silver Effex Pro? Anyway, I do like your result. The consistent "look" has allowed us to enter into an imaginary world of B&W that is, like a business organization, or an ancient religion, so internally consistent, that it is, once you enter within, for all intents and purposes, absolutely truthful and real! Your processing has pulled us in in this way and I really believe I have been, there too, listening to the choirs and concerned that my camera might disturb them!

Great job!

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Asher

I know Silver Efex too, but what I like about AlienSkin ist the direct connection to a filmbrand, not, as SE does, to an impression or a developing goal ... except the graduated fog filter, that one is a favorite for me in SE.
And AlienSkin gives you a lot more of detailed and subtle possibilities to develope the file.