• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

pain. of a Widow

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

The trail will never end
the tears
Even years of them have no empathy
for your heart belongs to widow
Widow of us all

C. Thompson​

It took a while before my eyes left the repeated images of the young woman, questioning my belief she was widowed.

Then, for some reason, my eyes wondered away from their faces and I was so surprised. There was a farmland pathway, and a lone woman walking, away I think!

So, Charlotte, she was the woman abandoned to the landscape!

The first were her departed youth!

Like last year's harvest, bountiful, but gone forever!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

This is as large as I could make it. Much better on FB.
I wrote the poetry and this in fact is for all of the widows and Gold Star Families in lew of what just happened in Niger and especially for Myeshia Johnson's loss of her husband Sgt. La David Johnson. The horrible words Trump said to her. I am a military mother. I have a son Shawn Thompson in Kuwait now. He is in his second tour over that wore torn country- Cid highest ranking... I am a widow. I know how a widow grieves and this my political statement. A few of many I have made. My America means everything! I despised Trump from the very get-go. The art is about women of all ages that know of widow grief and the loneliest road she will ever walk in her life. Thanks for your comment. I hope this helps to decipher -

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for the orientation. It is more personal and tragic.

However, the path and woman below is the most powerful.

I would encourage you to continue to export your insight, attachment and grief into more version as you have a lot to communicate and there is more, much more.

It was said that Poetry in Ireland was conceived in the great famines and scourge of poverty and tuberculosis.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

I have always more to say..yes indeed dear friend! Poetry is life, period. It is everything one can feel and imagine. I used to write free verse poems many years ago and is a love of mine. It comes back from time to time in this case. I would encourage you to go to my FB page and really see the work. Much more enhanced ! It just doesn't show much here. Probably because of the black space which would indicate death. I love your insight and as a doctor you are very aware of the deep needs of humanity.

C-

fahim mohammed

Cannot put it in words Charlotte. A very melancholic view of life indeed.

It succeeds admirably to convey the message.

Stay well.