• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another Hello from Italy

Darren McDonald

Hi everyone, I too met Asher in Florence over the holidays this year, as I was taking some photos from Ponte Vecchio one evening. Photography has been a hobby for a few years now, but unfortunately I don't have much time to pursue it!

So, I've been rather busy since the trip to Florence (and will probably be too busy to post much over the next month or so), but one shot from that evening in Florence can be found on my page at 500px here.

I'm looking forward to having more to say in a few weeks!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Darren,

That bridge is one of my favorites! Repost with the actual image by placing the URL of the image ending with .jpg between

Asher

Darren McDonald

Darren,

That bridge is one of my favorites! Repost with the actual image by placing the URL of the image ending with .jpg between

Asher

Hello again Asher,

From that other thread it sounds like you got some nice photos in Florence as well!

DSC_5552.jpg

Darren McDonald: Ponte Vecchio, Florence

Here's that image again (and the tripod did certainly come in handy!):

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello again Asher,

From that other thread it sounds like you got some nice photos in Florence as well!

DSC_5552.jpg

Darren McDonald: Ponte Vecchio, Florence

Yes, this is very nice! Rare to see the water so still and flat! There's barely any distortion in the clear reflections in the river. The bridge has been photographed almost as many times as the Eiffel tower, I guess, but I always find something new. There's such a lot of stories and history surrounding the bridge, shops and how we got there. So each picture can indeed carry it's own associations.

Here's that image again (and the tripod did certainly come in handy!):

I've seen pretty good panoramas handheld. However at dusk and later, the exposures or longer and so detail will be lost without a tripod. I take two with me. A lightweight one for the day and a heavy one for night.

Asher