• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Russian experimental projection lens does spring flowers

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Russian KMZ OKC1-76-1 76mm f2 experimental prototype projection lens

39279759564_acc92b1fc2_o.jpg

39091605775_6a4d1db6ce_o.jpg

28210561539_1ccc9272a9_o.jpg

39091602965_a62e331e82_o.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am rarely jealous, but here I make an exception!

How big is the image circle and do you have an aperture iris attachment or using it wide open.

Where do these come from?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Klaus,

This is above all a dream and a wonderful community metaphor. What other lenses can turn the background into such a delcate flowery mist?

Ballerinas! ?​

Asher

Asher Kelman

Klaus,

What plants are these? I like here that we have circles made in the b.g. Why is one picture showing diffuse soft bokey and this one giving the clouds of suspended circles. Is it becasue there are small strands of pnats just behind the flowers that cause the round artifacts?

28210561539_1ccc9272a9_o.jpg

Group magical spirit​

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Hi guys, thank you!

Asher, first about the "circles" aka bubbles question: the lens usually gives a ver smooth BG, except one shoots against highlights (here reflections of the rain water droplets on grass and Croci), then the bubbles appear.

I search russian sites, there I find those goodies at times. This one is really special, as it is a prototype and has an adjustment ring which allows to control the spherical abberation of that lens. Similar what the Nikon 105mm f2 + 135mm f2 DC-Nikkor allow to do.

That lens is a projection lens, hence has no iris and control is done only by adjustig the exposure time.

All fast lenses usually deliver this kind of smooth background rendering and shallow depth of field, , hence why I am so after them, especially those fast projection lenses.

Asher Kelman

I hope you can recommend some that are able to adapt to the EF mount as then it could work ion my Fuji GFX. The 18 mount from the Russian lenses seems to need an abulity for the barrel to rotate and so I think I would need the 19 type fitting....or are these the designations for the cine lenses only?

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Sometimes all it needs is a slight change of angle...

This from about 30 degrees:

39958233032_80aba54422_o.jpg

and then this shot closer to the ground, nearly horizontally:

Antonio Correia

I have always been fascinated by the images you produce Klaus, as you know.

You make searches in Google, right ? ebay also... and so on :)

And there is always need for an adaptor ring...

Dr Klaus Schmitt

I have always been fascinated by the images you produce Klaus, as you know.

You make searches in Google, right ? ebay also... and so on :)

And there is always need for an adaptor ring...

Yes, they call me "Lens Sherlock" as I can find what no-one can :biggrin:
It needs perseverance, determination and the willingness to wait long enough,
sometimes many years....

And yes, my best friend is my mechanic, we always have something to do, he is
very similar than me, our birth date is just 2 hours apart ;-)