• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another Brit!

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Hi,

My name is Ben Rubinstein and I currently live in rainy and dreary Manchester in the North West of England (It's actually 30 deg centicgade outside as I write this).

I got into photography as a result of managing a photo lab for two years after my degree in computer science led me nowhere, I've often said that there is nothing like having to develop literally 1000's of bad photos a day to learn what not to do! I taught myself photography with an old Canon AE-1 with a broken meter, moved up through the A1 to the EF system, shot medium format with a Mamiya 645 but for the past 2 years have been totally digital moving from the D60 to the 10D, 1Ds and 5D. I am now looking forward to the pentax 10 megapixel body to marry to the 3 pancake primes as an exemplary street system. I go through a 'should I switch to nikon' phase about once every 6 months, always for a different reason.

I'm a Wedding and Event Photographer by profession with portraiture somewhere in the middle of that, I'll even shoot kids - after a session with kids I really do feel like shooting them. I shoot landscape as a hobby and to relax. I am hoping to get into stock photography and street shooting (for the purposes of a specific long project hopefully culminating in a book) in the Holy Land in the next coming years.

For the past two years I've been shooting some 1000+ frames a week and often far more on various digital bodies. I love Bridge/ACR for the convenience of it, I wouldn't shoot jpg if you paid me, RAW is not only better quality but with a good workflow far faster.

Looking forward to enjoying this forum and thanks.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome from another Brit!

Great to have you here. My grandfather lived in Waterloo Rd in Manchester!

compared to the USA, England is really hardly N,S, & W but a cosy place!

Looking forward to your talents being seen here and active participation!

Asher

P.S. Great site, wonderful work! PM coming!

Last edited:

Sid Jervis

pro member
Welcome Ben, from another Brit' currently in the USA.
Nice to hear you finally have some good weather in the UK.

Regards