• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Scotland Calling

Hello everyone,

My name is Alistair and I live in Dunblane in Scotland.

I take basic level photographs primarily of Scottish scenery and holidays but I like to work hard to frame my shots well and get better results than happy snaps!

I hope to be able to spend more time developing my interest in the hobby so that my abilities get better and the results more fulfilling.

Hoping to talk to lots of you guys over the coming years.

Best wishes for now

Alistair

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Alistair,

Welcome to OPF yet again. I am looking forward to chatting with you and enjoying your pictures of Scotland. We have a lot of people from UK but some are actually located in Scotland such as Janet Smith.

Regarding the problem of yours with the images being corrupted, I'll come back to it once I've processed/digested it in my head a bit :).

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Alistair,

We have all the help here you could ever imagine you needed. The great things that moves OPF is to post your best pictures describing what lead up to the picture and what you want out of it and let us give feedback. You then give your reactions to other people's images.

No need to flatter anyone! Find what you like and state what that it is and then what, if anything, troubles you about the pictures shown. No need to write a thesis but when you contribute you will help other photographers like you feel their own work is being read.

I have loved Scottish landscape and songs. My kids grew up to songs of "Purple Heather" and "Skye".

There is no part of Scotland that will not have a following: urban, old factories, the buses, landscape, old stone walls, and of course, purple heather!

Asher

janet Smith

pro member
Hello Alistair

Welcome to OPF, nice to have a member from Scotland, I'm sure you'll enjoy being with us here at OPF.

Just to correct Cem I don't live in Scotland yet, my home is still in Yorkshire until we relocate to the far north west, at the moment we go up 4 or 5 times a year. This year we've been around the north west coast, the Isles of Harris, Lewis, Scalpay, Skye and Raasay, with more planned for the coming year.

I look forward to seeing some of your work....

Hello everyone,

My name is Alistair and I live in Dunblane in Scotland.

I take basic level photographs primarily of Scottish scenery and holidays but I like to work hard to frame my shots well and get better results than happy snaps!

Hi Alistair,

Welcome to OPF, you've come to the right place. Not only do we love images of Scotland We also like to help people getting better at photography, catching the light (and you have plenty of it to catch in Scotland).

Bart