• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi from One Day On Earth

Abigail Bassett

Hello fellow photographers!

Right now, I'm interning for what I think is a really interesting project. I hope you will read about our event bellow and decide to sign up to participate in One Day on Earth.

It would be amazing to include the talents and perspectives of the OPF community in our world document. One Day On Earth is an online community of photographers, filmmakers, students, and inspired individuals all teaming up with the goal of creating a more accurate picture of life on this planet.

On October 10th, 2010 (10.10.10), thousands of people from every nation around the world will film their perspective and contribute their voice to the largest participatory media event in history; the event will result in a feature documentary and online video archive that will showcase the diversity, conflict, tragedy, and triumph that can occur in one day on earth.

If any of you guys are interested you can learn more about One Day on Earth and sign up to participate at:http://www.onedayonearth.org.

Ken Tanaka

pro member
And done, and done,...

Long before the NYT stunt there have been books produced by nearly identical efforts. (Two that I can recall.)

These types of efforts have a feel-good "we are the world" attractive quality but the final results tend to be dreadfully dull.

I somehow suspect that "Abigail" has registered at dozens of similar photo sites and issued exactly the same canned invitation. It's advertising, pure and simple, likely to gather email addresses and names.

John Angulat

pro member
Ken, you're absolutely right.
At least with the NYT effort all you had to do was submit your image.
This gig requires you to "sign up"....two internet words you never want to see.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I somehow suspect that "Abigail" has registered at dozens of similar photo sites and issued exactly the same canned invitation. It's advertising, pure and simple, likely to gather email addresses and names.
So is this spam?

Look at some of the folk behind this. Activists for what?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
That's probably true. So what then would you think of NAPP?

I can pay the fee and get a plastic card for my wallet to show I'm important and even obtain reductions of the principals numerous Guru-courses, books and events.

Asher