• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: Amazing New Tiny Life Discovered in the Oceans!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We see so much of wars, disasters like right now natures outburst in Iceland spewing ash and glass over European skies and getting folk down to the ground that the oceans are really not much in our minds.

However within 30 years, the population of the planet will be about 8 billion folk clamoring for water and there will be real suffering to put it mildly. China's dams store 1"" of the oceans water, fresh water! However, a lot of this precious commodity is wasted.

so it's good for attention to be given to the oceans from whence life originated and which sustains us directly and indirectly.

The BBC has just published wonderful pictures of numerous minute sea creatures that are both amazingly formed and often transparent.

Young Cephalopd_04_18_2010_BBC.jpg

Tranparent Pink cucumber_04_18_2010_BBC.jpg

Read the entire story and see more fabulous images here

Asher Kelman

While we are on the subject of the oceans, let's also look at two other interesting goings on.

I'm glad to see Wendy Thurman move back underwater after the parched sandlands of war-torn Iraq and Afghanistan. Her pictures here are inspiring.

If you are lucky enough to live in the U.K, this inexpensive short trip trip would be great and you might photograph myriads of interesting birds and get sea creatures too!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Bump,

Has anyone pictures of transparent and exotic sea life. For our survival, we do depend on tiny creatures at the start of the oceans food chanin and the origin of 50% of our oxygen.

So anyone who can add images, will be appreciated!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Sorry I have exotic creatures but above the ocean only!

Nicolas,

Your wishes are granted.

Quand même....

But even inside your body, in every cell is the milieu interior, the imprint of sea life where our history all began. It essentially is a soup of sea water!

Yes and it applies to the georgeous models on deck too, sipping champagne provided by the Yacht owners!

I just want to make homage to the humble beautiful creatures that make breathing, sailing and fishing possible!

Asher