• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Adox mcc 110

Mark Hampton

Hi,

has anyone been using this?

how similar to the Agfa Classic MC is it?

what dev?

toning - anyone tried selenium and gold with it?

also looking at ADOX films - was looking for a slow film around the same as Technical Pan - for use on 5/4

was looking @ ADOX CHS 25/50 - any thoughts or experiences?

thanks in advance

Jim Galli

Can't help with the paper question except to say they were kind enough to send me 4 sheets of it to try about 5 or 6 years ago when they were bringing it to market. I found it superb. Nice long scale that needs a negative you'd be thinking about a #1 paper instead of a #2 to fit it all on.

Once upon a time I tested Tech Pan, Panatomic X Aerial Recon, and Efke 25 all on the same image to compare. The Panatomic X kicked everything's butt. But, alas, you've got to use what you can get these days.

You might enjoy reading through the long thread about XRAY film for pictorial use over at LFForum some time. I think they rate it pretty slow. Doubt it comes in 4X5. You'd have to cut it down from 8X10 .

Mark Hampton

Can't help with the paper question except to say they were kind enough to send me 4 sheets of it to try about 5 or 6 years ago when they were bringing it to market. I found it superb. Nice long scale that needs a negative you'd be thinking about a #1 paper instead of a #2 to fit it all on.

Once upon a time I tested Tech Pan, Panatomic X Aerial Recon, and Efke 25 all on the same image to compare. The Panatomic X kicked everything's butt. But, alas, you've got to use what you can get these days.

You might enjoy reading through the long thread about XRAY film for pictorial use over at LFForum some
time. I think they rate it pretty slow. Doubt it comes in 4X5. You'd have to cut it down from 8X10 .

Jim thanks for coming back on that - will take a look @ the xray film.

i used to use tech pan - but will need to test oot other films that are produced to get the results I am after.

cheers

Mark Hampton

What exactly are you after?? :~'))

slow - high contrast film / with the ability to move the tonality around - reading more about the ADOX CHS 25 seems it may be the answer - its not massively flexibly but after testing i should be confident with it. although i am sure there are lots of answers.