• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

lumix fz 200 - problem

elisha freund

Hi
My name is Elisha (male)
Recently I purchased Lumix Fz 200. It's a good camera but I have a problem:
Some of the pictures result with a very high blue dominance (they look OK in the viewer but when I look at them on the computer they are blue-ish . I have tried to get help from a local Panasonic camera service but the only reply was "Change the white balance" - which is odd .
Do you have any idea ? Is it a common problem of this camera ?
Thanks
Elisha

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Elisha,

The color in the camera might be fine. If you send one jpg image to be printed at a decent shop, does it come out bluish? A common issue is that the camera is fine, but the monitor is not! The monitor might display a bluish image because it simply has a poorly set calibration.

Look at your images on other computers, for example in a large camera store where they do printing.

An easy matter would be to post an uncorrected image here for us to examine. You do that by uploading your image to an online hosting website, such as Flickr and then putting the internet URL address, for example, something that looks generically like, http://wwwXYZ.com/elisha'simage_1.jpg between the syntax

The picture will then appear in your post here.

alternatively, simply mail the image to me. I'll send you my email!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Elisha,

Welcome aboard.

Hi
My name is Elisha (male)
Recently I purchased Lumix Fz 200.

I have one and like it a lot.

It's a good camera but I have a problem:
Some of the pictures result with a very high blue dominance (they look OK in the viewer but when I look at them on the computer they are blue-ish . I have tried to get help from a local Panasonic camera service but the only reply was "Change the white balance" - which is odd .

Maybe not.

• What exposure mode (P., etc.) do you typically use with the camera?

• What white balance setting to you use so far on the camera?

• What kind of lighting situation applies to the shots you have trouble with?

Best regards,

Doug