• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Candid Portraiture

Nikon Df
Nikkor 135mm f2 ais
1/200
f2
ISO400
sb600

This fellow had a green screen photo booth setup at the art gallery last night with two constant LED box lights. I was able to catch him in the right position as to lose the green screen, use his two lights and add bounced light from my sb600 to create this candid portrait.

13908533861_e0e13f5f22_c.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nikon Df
Nikkor 135mm f2 ais
1/200
f2
ISO400
sb600

This fellow had a green screen photo booth setup at the art gallery last night with two constant LED box lights. I was able to catch him in the right position as to lose the green screen, use his two lights and add bounced light from my sb600 to create this candid portrait.

Great exploitation of an opportunity! I have not yet used constant LED lighting but it sound a good idea as one can organize how the back and hair or the person shows up.

Jake,

Very different than pictures of your son who has no beard! I like the "in thought" candid shot.

One consideration is to increase the perceived separation between a jaw line and the b.g., even with a beard. This is what defines a person a great deal. I'd try increasing the contrast and or clarity and curves in RAW processing to optimize that edge.

Asher

Great exploitation of an opportunity! I have not yet used constant LED lighting but it sound a good idea as one can organize how the back and hair or the person shows up.

Jake,

Very different than pictures of your son who has no beard! I like the "in thought" candid shot.

One consideration is to increase the perceived separation between a jaw line and the b.g., even with a beard. This is what defines a person a great deal. I'd try increasing the contrast and or clarity and curves in RAW processing to optimize that edge.

Asher

Thanks for the advice so always. This image is a jpeg SOOC. I haven't had time to give a go at it in post yet.