• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dani

One of the last sessions:

1. Gold:

419601195_nmoVN-XL.jpg

2. Purple:

420212821_xkrtD-XL.jpg

3. White:

421966489_GYJtv-XL.jpg

4. Blue:

421966747_WUeqp-XL.jpg

Enjoy!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Nikolai,

Beautiful work, and a beautiful model. All the shots look very nice.

Dani is able to well present quite varied personas.

She has pretty legs, but is a little bowlegged, and no. 1 doesn't make the best accommodation of that. It also makes it looks as if her knees aren't at the same place in both legs (maybe they aren't).

My favorite is no. 4, where she is sitting on the turnout frog.

DLibrach

Yes, wonderful work. #2 is my favorite but they are all great. My only nitpick is the background in #1. Think the lines/curves of the drapes would compliment the model more if she was moved more to her left (viewer's right). Just a thought though. Otherwise I really enjoyed the series. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
David

Yes, wonderful work. #2 is my favorite but they are all great. My only nitpick is the background in #1. Think the lines/curves of the drapes would compliment the model more if she was moved more to her left (viewer's right). Just a thought though. Otherwise I really enjoyed the series. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
David
Thank you David!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

1. Gold:

419601195_nmoVN-XL.jpg

2. Purple:

420212821_xkrtD-XL.jpg

I have come back to these. I had an issue with the staging and impact of the last train track pictures. This is not on the same level as these two first ones. Now I feel that these first two images have caught an interesting confrontational look by Dani. So I feel she is worthy of more attention!

I like to see some feelings come through. A very small niggle is the skin texture on her right lateral thigh might be benefitted from your perfectly excellent PS technic!

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

May I ask how you achieved the lighting on the last? I have a railroad track very nearby and would like to try to get that myself.
Rachel, this is my "signature" outdoor lighting: two PW-controleld flash units in a diagonal pattern, one being roughly in Rembrandt position and the second being diagonally opposed.

Here's a setup frame from this shoot that should give you a good visual:

417922732_VfrkA-L.jpg

HTH

Rachel Foster

Thanks!

I shoot something like that in studio. Will have to try to figure out a scaled down version I could pull off (since I basically shoot solo).

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Wheels

I have the same outdoor lights that Nik has with rechargable battery packs. Very simple Rachel - I have a cart on wheels that holds my lighting and case - very easy to transport. If I have to carry it, the lighting bag has shoulder straps and holds the lightstands. The sandbags are the hardest but I have also used bungee cords and gallon water bottles and filled them with water when I got there.

Nik, looks like you were over in Moorpark/Simi for that train shoot. I have a client that backs the tracks.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kathy and Nik,

What's your choice of battery packs and portable lights?

I have Lumedyne. Supposed to go to 2400 W/S but that would be a lot of power modules stacked. What power range do you have?

Asher

I have the same outdoor lights that Nik has with rechargable battery packs. Very simple Rachel - I have a cart on wheels that holds my lighting and case - very easy to transport. If I have to carry it, the lighting bag has shoulder straps and holds the lightstands. The sandbags are the hardest but I have also used bungee cords and gallon water bottles and filled them with water when I got there.
If I go to a place where there are loose rocks (mountains)/sand(beach) I simply bring a whole bunch of empty grocery bags. They weigh nothing, take no space and make great sandbags on location:)

Nik, looks like you were over in Moorpark/Simi for that train shoot. I have a client that backs the tracks.
Yeah, that one was in Moorpark. It's a dead end, so very safe.