• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Female

Charlotte Thompson

I am trying to capture "Female"
the very nature at all ages
the "female" intent-

DSC_0039-2.jpg

I find the blown out highlights to be distracting from the message of the picture. The skin has lost all texture and detail, making her look anything but female.

If this was shot with on-camera flash, I suggest dialing it down a couple of stops.

<Chas>

Andy brown

Charlotte, I think you've captured female rather well here.
I'm guessing she's about three and a half to four years old and her innocent, open mouthed, wide eyed expression sums up quite nicely that extraordinary age where babyhood/toddlerdom is about to well and truly be left behind forever and she becomes more accutely aware of her gender and all that it implies; an almighty rollercoaster ride awaits but she'll always retain a little of that sweet little girlness at her core.

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Charlotte

Lovely picture of her, I think it's one of your better ones, nice and sharp on her lovely eyes, she's a real beauty isn't she, but sorry I have to agree about the blown highlights, such a shame it would have been an absolute cracker if not for that....

Charlotte Thompson

Chaz Andy and Janet

thank you so much for dropping in to comment
the ps work I do sometimes "blows" the skin out-it's kinda of an art thing I like to do from time to time
for mw it's like doing a painting with the photograph"

I found another shot I left in color
that also shows that bit of innocence we all have as females-
Janet you are going to like this better I think-

Charlotte-

DSC_1490-1.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I guess women's lib would hate such representation of the so called "women attitude".
I wish she can learn mechanic, tech things and not become a Barbie girl.
Sorry to invade such a thread, but treating little girl to show a soit-disant "female" intent is dropping me 30 years back.
You make her ready to surrender the males (I could have written "gorillas" or "porks") and don't tell me that such attitude will make her the winner…

Now I'm sure there will be a lot of protests agianst this post, but I had to…

Bill Miller

I found another shot I left in color
that also shows that bit of innocence we all have as females-
Janet you are going to like this better I think-

Charlotte-

Why not post the original photo in color???

I sounds like you alter the original file from the sounds of your post. Of course that is up to you, however its like destroying the original negative from the film days.

Charlotte Thompson

Janet

yes- a bit so yes her hand but I love the eyes and expression

Andy

You are right- this one moves so much! and I usually have to do some tricks to keep her still enough but this expression I love!

Bill
the original I didn't keep in color-I tried to retrieve it but alas "gone"

Nicolas

Oh she is very high tech- 3 and a half and she works with the computer better than I do most of the time!
also she plays soccer with the boys- she is more than a "Barbie" for sure
she has a tough attitude and is very bright
but female is female- and I love that she is also a girl with female qualities-

for Nicolas- Her Game Face with the Boys-

DSC_0921-2.jpg

Leonardo Boher

pro member
I guess women's lib would hate such representation of the so called "women attitude".
I wish she can learn mechanic, tech things and not become a Barbie girl.
Sorry to invade such a thread, but treating little girl to show a soit-disant "female" intent is dropping me 30 years back.
You make her ready to surrender the males (I could have written "gorillas" or "porks") and don't tell me that such attitude will make her the winner…

Now I'm sure there will be a lot of protests agianst this post, but I had to…

I stand for making provocative posts, if that's your point of view, you're free to express it, otherwise, you would be hypocritical.

By the way, I'm an straight alfa male and I think that females are meant to be in the way they've meant to be: females. Just kidding, maybe? May be not? both? Impossible to express it by writing :)

Again!

I stand for making provocative posts, if that's your point of view, you're free to express it, otherwise, you would be hypocritical :)

Leonardo Boher

pro member
The first picture (the blown one) it's nice. I personally think she looks a bit neutral, though, her eyes have some kind of seductive shape, plus her mouth half open it's quite like females are always females. The second one, in color, represents much better the female gender. Her eyes have more expression, an ifinite tenderness, also, the way her hands are put, but also her mouth. The whole pack makes me think "Oh, such angelical little girl" but, again, the shape of her eyes, the way she looks at the camera, the mouth curvature... I can see both faces here: Sadism and seduction, at the same time, tenderness and submition (in fact, what a woman use to be by nature). Some kind of psychotic polymorphous gesture, may be produced by binaries...

nicolas claris

Hi Leonardo
On the long time, you'll check that I am never hypocritical!

This is my opinion, I just don't like women to be treated as objects.
I like them "belles" more than "jolies" but above all clever, inspired and intelligent!
This don't mean they can't be sexy!
I heard that men could also be ("beaux", clever, inspired, intelligent and sexy) though I never heard me being one of them (see description ; -)

Charlotte Thompson

Nicolas

did you she the last picture and post in first thread page I sent to you- you ask a good question and I thought I answered as well as I could but I don't think you read it- you always express yourself in such a sweet French way* charming*

Leonardo
thank you for you very intuitive coments-there is much going on in those three and a half year old eyes-
she has many ways about her not just one- those ways are like diamonds for me to capture-
thank you so much

nicolas claris

Nicolas

did you she the last picture and post in first thread page I sent to you- you ask a good question and I thought I answered as well as I could but I don't think you read it- you always express yourself in such a sweet French way* charming*h

Charlotte of course I saw your last picture.
But sorry, for me this is not a good answer (nor a very good pic LoL!), a women not being an object doesn't mean to show angerness (is that a correct word in English?).
But I didn't want to hijack for long your thread, being OT too long. If one wants to discuss this more in depth -and why not?- then we should create a specific thread in the "Provocative Thoughts and Images" or "Layback cafe".

Last words, to understand me better:

Jolie: http://www.wordreference.com/fren/jolie
belle: http://www.wordreference.com/fren/belle

A world of difference!

Rachel Foster

Nicolas, I for one, loved your take on this image. I dislike trying to capture the essence of a gender (either one), but I'm interested in what Charlotte is trying to do and how she attempts it. Maybe she'll show my bias to be completely wrong. I'm open to that!

What I would prefer to see (and this is my preference, nothing more, nothing less) is a series capturing various aspects of female. I don't think any one image can cover the gamut. But, like I said, I'm open to being proven wrong.

(If there has been another thread opened and this fits better there, please feel free to move. Thanks.)

Charlotte Thompson

Bill

hello I used jpegs- I should have saved the shot before doing changes- sometimes I do forget-
thanks for sharpening my mind not to forget-

Nicolas
I am sorry I truly dont understand why you would think I make her to be a barbie doll- I guess because of her natural beauty but being female my gender I am altogether attracted to females- the beauty on the outside is also more of an inside of her I am trying to capture- the pictures are caught off hand and not posed for I assure you-she hates the camera but I sneak shots trying for that "inside spirit" capture- of course the "game face shot"wasn't what I would call good but just something fun for you to see" not a barbie look LOL-
females have alot going on these days and participate in their own needs for sure- so does little Peyton- jolie belle-I understand in French- I have parents and grandparent that are French-
I was called jolie blonde"
I dont know any more ways to try to say to you what I am doing- you seem frustrated by the photos but I have no way intended what you see-a project in the works -glad you came back!

Rachel

yes parts of the whole "female"
many parts as we as femalesknow- but we are female part of the male"
I had thought about a series showing just my idea-
thank you for comenting and understanding what I am trying for-l

Charlotte Thompson

as she grows her intent changes- with varied ideas and input into her mind-she seems to be looking and knowing something more about herself and environment-

DSC_0221.jpg

nicolas claris

Nicolas
I am sorry I truly dont understand why you would think I make her to be a barbie doll- I guess because of her natural beauty but being female my gender I am altogether attracted to females- the beauty on the outside is also more of an inside of her I am trying to capture- the pictures are caught off hand and not posed for I assure you-she hates the camera but I sneak shots trying for that "inside spirit" capture- of course the "game face shot"wasn't what I would call good but just something fun for you to see" not a barbie look LOL-
females have alot going on these days and participate in their own needs for sure- so does little Peyton- jolie belle-I understand in French- I have parents and grandparent that are French-
I was called jolie blonde"
I dont know any more ways to try to say to you what I am doing- you seem frustrated by the photos but I have no way intended what you see-a project in the works -glad you came back!

Charlotte
Peace!
I KNOW it is not your intent, but I just dislike humans to be treated as objects (animals too…).
Trying to capture the beauty of a man, a woman or a child is no problem for me, au contraire! but -for me- the "essence of a female" reminds me too much male's sexist words.

La peau diaphane de cette damoiselle
La couleur de ces yeux si bleus
A l'image de son regard étonné
Sont un poème effrayant
Tant sa jeunesse et son innocence
ne sont pas -encore!- à l'épreuve de sa future beauté.

Charlotte Thompson

Rachel

well by nature tis true-
thanks for coming back

Nicolas

La peau diaphane de cette damoiselle
La couleur de ces yeux si bleus
A l'image de son regard étonné
Sont un poème effrayant
Tant sa jeunesse et son innocence
ne sont pas -encore!- à l'épreuve de sa future beauté.

I hope my French is still fairly correct-in response

la vraie beaute vit toujours
par tous les ages chaque age a son temps propre
beau comme toujours le soleil

I am in no way sexist and I understand your concerns very well-

Charlotte-

nicolas claris

Hi Charlotte
Thanks for your effort understanding me…
On the contrary to the "joliesse", the "beauté" is not physic but more "internal" and minded.
To be eventually beau or belle, one need to have a bit more maturity, being bit more cultured and experienced than a kid, be it jolie. It is a question of stature.
There is no innocence in beauté.

imHo…

Charlotte Thompson

Nicolas

you say "there is no innocence in beauty"
what an intresting observation-

beauty definition

beauty (byo̵̅o̅t′ē)

noun pl. -·ties

the quality attributed to whatever pleases or satisfies the senses or mind, as by line, color, form, texture, proportion, rhythmic motion, tone, etc., or by behavior, attitude, etc.
a thing having this quality
good looks
a very good-looking woman
any very attractive feature

and Innocence"

innocence definition

in·no·cence (in′ə səns)

noun

the quality or state of being innocent; specif.,
freedom from sin or moral wrong
freedom from legal guilt
freedom from guile or cunning; simplicity
lack of sophistication; naiveté
harmlessness
ignorance

Bouguereau's L'Innocence: Both young children and lamb are symbols of innocence.

beauty is itself, as innocence is-

as ever we all understand in different ways" and interepetations of self and self expresiion"

Charlotte-

nicolas claris

Hi Charlotte, yes interesting, maybe some 'subtil" differences English and French… maybe some cultural too!

We do make a lot of difference between beau/belle and joli(e) (alike beauty/pretty).

We say more easily : une jolie fille and une belle femme… (even if all aren't! LoL!)
Obviously your model is jolie (and cute) but not belle (yet)…