• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Road Art: pavement, walls anything unusually artistic by chance or intent!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Michael,

I couldn't find any "Traces of ultra-violence" movie! But there is a lot of sick stuff I never knew about!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher,

I was referring to a quote in the movie 'Clockwork Orange'. It is the fourth on the list here.

The small sticker - or better the rest of it - shows the face of Alex.

Does this help?

Best regards,
Michael

Yes, that makes sense now. The writings I discovered often referred to "Cleckwork Orange" before veering off into the vulgar and weird of edgy anime and comic characters.

Now I will check your helpful link. Thanks for the education!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I have wanted for so long to repair the icnic orignal post for this wonderful thread. Finally today I rediscovered the picture and repaired the link!

_DSC1210_copy.jpg

Cedric Massoulier: Road Art]​

I feel better!

A good omen for 2018!

I have also reached out to Cedric and I hope others do too!

Asher

Asher Kelman

For those interested who are in Munich or plan to travel there until mid/end of October, works from Blek le Rat (like the above one) and other artists can be seen as a part of the Magic City exhibition. The exhibition will move to Stockholm on 1st of November.

Best regards,
Michael

I recommend Munich as a fine place to visit. It is packed with fine Universities, Technical Schools, old and new architecture and great beer gardens. My favorite visits are Pinakotheke (Alte Pinakothek, Neue Pinakothek, Pinakothek de Moderne). but these are just the beginning. There's the BMW Museum, Dacheu and much more.

Asher

Asher Kelman

I looked up Bakunin, Michael. How does the picture pay homage to his political ideology.

I do like the quote:

“While Bakunin rebuked Nechayev upon discovery of his duplicity as well as his amoral politics, he did retain a streak of ruthlessness, as indicated by a 2 June 1870 letter: "Lies, cunning [and] entanglement [are] a necessary and marvelous means for demoralising and destroying the enemy, though certainly not a useful means of obtaining and attracting new friends."[7

It totally makes me think that this is what Putin and Trump have in common.

So, was Steve Bannon Trump’s Anarchist guru?

It certainly seems that Trump and Putin would fit together as Autocratic dictators who excelled at lies and manipulation to control democracies they hate!

Asher

Michael Nagel

This was commissioned or just street art by someone’s own volition?
The work is signed with several pseudonyms. I did not find any 'commissioned by..' or anything like that...
The works are tolerated here.

I looked up Bakunin, Michael. How does the picture pay homage to his political ideology.
Bakunins work and influence is widespread. I do not claim that I know all and I think that looking up his work in a brief glimpse would not be enough to gain even a superficial view of his writings.

The title of the picture references to a quote and from what I could gather it seems to be this one:
"I am truly free only when all human beings, men and women, are equally free. The freedom of other men, far from negating or limiting my freedom, is, on the contrary, its necessary premise and confirmation."

I do like the quote:

“While Bakunin rebuked Nechayev upon discovery of his duplicity as well as his amoral politics, he did retain a streak of ruthlessness, as indicated by a 2 June 1870 letter: "Lies, cunning [and] entanglement [are] a necessary and marvelous means for demoralising and destroying the enemy, though certainly not a useful means of obtaining and attracting new friends."
The picture of an eagle, the title points to freedom and you choose the above and single it out as interesting.

From my point of view your choice is intriguing...

Best regards
Michael

Asher Kelman

Michael,

This picture is a lesson in exceptionality. One doesn’t have to face rejection by galleries or get back encouraging turn-down letters from competitions! Here one has to find an available space and fill it with something so exceptional that the next street artist will be in awe and respect it!

I am so impressed as this would do well in any public place!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I hadn’t noticed that “John Doe”!

“Art”, to me is the expression in some physical form that at least evokes in its creator the feelings imagined in the artist’s private “Cathedral of the Mind”.

If we also “get it”, fabulous but it’s sheer arrogance to declare that it must have a monetary value.

My latest 6.5 ton sculpture has no “value” attested by some sale at Sotheby’s, but the City installing it permanently by the City Museum of Art and asking for more means a lot to me.

I look at the works you show, “The King is Dead” and “Long Live The King” arexat the very least of equal value to anything of my own I claim is art. I have great deference to street art at it expresses such a devoted thoughtful skilled expression of inner thoughts and executed at no small personal risk!

I value so much you bringing them to us!

When I revisit Munich, I hope to get to see some of them with my own eyes!

Asher

Asher Kelman

This, Michael, so cleanly executed!

It’s interesting that some street art show are so efficient.

[Others are actually putting in the public realm for free, (work that took many many months to execute), what folk pay up to $400,000 for in major commercial headquarters, like Google or Amazon!]

But this art is succinct and likely as not could be done in a day or a week!

What does it mean or is it meant to mean differently to each of us depending from what part of society we originate?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

Likely there is more than one artist here, but it happens to be attractive! I am ignorant of “Anuzo” for now and can’t figure out the thick script below.

What do the circles with crosses stand for: breasts, testes or what?

But just the same it’s very beautiful!

Asher

James Lemon

James,

Did you mean to post in “Road Art” which is for graffiti, murals, billboard, oil marks on a wet highway, spilt paint on a sidewalk, arrow signs in a parking garage, stickers on a telegraph pole and the like!

Asher

Asher

The heading refers to .
walls anything unusually artistic by chance or intent!

Asher Kelman

You are totally correct! My error, years ago!

I will add the sense of the outdoor ness of it all,as opposed to the safety and privacy of inside!

...I will repair my error and imagine a new parallel sibling like thread, perhaps this:

“Eclectic, unusual, interior decoration, adjoining objects or arrangement of stuff!

Asher