• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Experimenting

Lee Roberts

I did this a while ago when I was experimenting with backgrounds. As always, comments welcome.

Oriental-Thanksgiving---Web.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Lee,

My first reaction is that I like the image. The color pair of black and red woprk well and the granularity of the red (? rice lit with a colored gel?) bowl contests provides a very symmetrical round center for attention.

The Black spaces on the far right work well blending with the red edged tabel napkin.

I do not know the purpose of the image or at what size and in what context it might be used.

Questions, is this a finished work or do you have leeway to make changes and are there more?

I have surprise at the glass suspended from the top like a light fitting or a security camera.

Is this edgy, an artistic or design statement. Obviously it is intended.

At this size I don't get it.

The twig of red flowers is a perfect color and delicateness to balance the solid objects and black areas.

My impulse says that the picture is cropped too much at the top and I'd have preferred to see more of the red flowers in a taller or more square compositon. Also the spill of the shadow on the right above the table napkin is perhaps too far extended beyond the red trim.

Still, not knowing whether this is part of a catalog, or meant for a 4ft x 8ft picture limits the validity of my comments. I know this concenrs backgrounds, but the purpose of the work defines how we value the background.

Thanks for sharing.

Asher