• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My Pain

Matthew Desmond

My_Pain_by_Dezie_display.jpg

This photo was taken in early spring of 03. The subject is a young man who had cancer (17), the staples are from the surgery.
This photo won a gold metal at the scholastics art and writing competition in 2003.

Anita Saunders

A very intersting photo Matthew. What strikes me is the anonymity of the subject and the personal nature of the scar. It is such a contrast. I actually feel an overwhelming 'need' to see the face.... but the focus would then be elsewhere, and in your photo the scar is centre stage. The balloon adds to this picture tremendously - is it a celebration for his homecoming?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I do like the picture. I'd have preferred seeing his face too. I like to go thec extra step and see him personally. That way we can relate to his pain. When some one has pain, it should not be first and foremost a metaphor for other people's pain.

I always hate when a victim is told, there are far worse things to happen to people. I like to see into the person's face and aknowledge that this is happening to him, one person suffering. Someone with a name and a fragile future, hopefully with a good prognosis.

So please, if you have more pictures, show me the ones with his face too!

Asher