• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Gibson guitar

Klaus Esser

pro member
ES_330.jpg

This is my ES330 Gibson. It´s from 1967 and sounds GREAT! :)

I did the photograf with a Linhof 8x10" w. 240mm Symmar on 8x10" Polaroid and a handheld Nikon strobe.
I placed different colorfilters after a number of flashes while the shutter was open - studio has to be nearly dark, of course.
The flash was set to auto so it measured and adjusted it´s intensity at every "exposure". The overlapping and the spots
where no direct flash hit create lights/shadows whisch is not possible in another way of lighting. Maybe lightbrushing come nearby.
The same technique (it´s an old one) i used with the "Portraits of a friend" in the portrait-thread.

best, Klaus

I like this, but find the busy background and the hot spot on the table to be distracting from the image of the guitar itself. I'd like to see more guitar and less other stuff, since that's the subject of the picture.

Klaus Esser

pro member
I like this, but find the busy background and the hot spot on the table to be distracting from the image of the guitar itself. I'd like to see more guitar and less other stuff, since that's the subject of the picture.

Well - it was a playing around with this light-idea. The guitar wasn´t the subject. But i´ll see what i can do . . - just have to find the scan or the Polaroid . .
Anyway: it´s a beautyful guitar and i understand you!! :)

best, Klaus

Michael Fontana

pro member
Klaus
I think that this vertical split (on top of the guitar) does sort of disturbation within the picture.

Technically it's understandble, but in the image itself, the viewer of the image is not caring about that aspect.

- my 2 cents

Klaus Esser

pro member
Klaus
I think that this vertical split (on top of the guitar) does sort of disturbation within the picture.

Technically it's understandble, but in the image itself, the viewer of the image is not caring about that aspect.

- my 2 cents

Hi Michael!

You´re right! ist´s a bit irritating - it was the junction of two background-panels and i didn´t realize it while acting with the strobe.

best, Klaus