• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Got to Keep Trying

Here's another try.
comments & critiques to improve are appreciated.
Sorry about the watermark.

image one
7306.jpg

Image two
7307.jpg

--William

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
William,

These pictures deserve an instant reply. Much much much better. I also like how the text fits in eith the design.

Great: the poses, the shoes, experessions, dress, lighting and skin. In the second image I might consider reducing the two lines on her right face. The first is medial to the right cheek and the second is a line/shadow or shadow that look like a line just below the inner end of the right eye.

Some interesting observations. From these basic poses there are some subtle modifications that would project a different emotion. For example in the first picture, the right hand finger resting on the chair, slightly curved with the fingers together like 16th century portraits or the wives of powerful men, would add special softness.

Right now, the fingers have energy in them and with her legs open, it all implies she is all set to spring into some hot action. With the fingers soft, it would be a more seductive, subtle insinuation.

In each picture,

• she engages us,
  • we know you are capable as a photographer
  • we see your name.
So the viewer is impressed and the photographs work to sell you for a particular glamorous shot, if that's your intention.

Asher

William,

These pictures deserve an instant reply. Much much much better. I also like how the text fits in eith the design.

I'm very excited about this session and I did spend a lot more time planning it to get better results. I'm glad you see a big difference from my first shoot with a model (Brandi) and I know that you'll able to see my efforts in getting better.

Great: the poses, the shoes, experessions, dress, lighting and skin. In the second image I might consider reducing the two lines on her right face. The first is medial to the right cheek and the second is a line/shadow or shadow that look like a line just below the inner end of the right eye.

I'm still not very happy with the lighting but I can see that I'm going have to cover the white wall at camera left in order to get better shadows, but it is an improvement. The dress, well, that's my wife's dress on the model. I did noticed the shadow on her right cheek when I was shooting, I did tried to fix it but since this was the first time I was using Barn Doors and Gels I just don't have the experience yet how to fix that on site. I can however fix that in Photoshop but I decided to leave it o I can get comments like yours. To see if people notice it and you did. Good eye.

Some interesting observations. From these basic poses there are some subtle modifications that would project a different emotion. For example in the first picture, the right hand finger resting on the chair, slightly curved with the fingers together like 16th century portraits or the wives of powerful men, would add special softness.

Right now, the fingers have energy in them and with her legs open, it all implies she is all set to spring into some hot action. With the fingers soft, it would be a more seductive, subtle insinuation.

In each picture,

• she engages us,
  • we know you are capable as a photographer
  • we see your name.
So the viewer is impressed and the photographs work to sell you for a particular glamorous shot, if that's your intention.

Asher

I like your suggestion about the hand and fingers. My instructions to the model were to think of the chair as a man she wanted to seduce a bit. So the way that it is now it shows exactly what you said: energy. I actually had to showed the model the pose a couple of times before we started shooting LOL it was fun. Yes she did laugh at me when I did the pose for her.

Asher, thanks for taking the time to comment and explain in detail, your input is really appreciated.

--William

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Photographer's Name on the Picture!

William,

I love the fact that you have used your name as part of the composition of your photography. This is so important as there has to be balance and you have created it and at the same time made the image finctional in promoting your work!

Asher