• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hugo (2007)

nyschulte

Hugo is a local DJ

_D301335.jpg

_D301321.jpg

Nicolas

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

Thanks for sharing both these pictures. You have done a great job here. The interesting thing about photographing men is that one does not have to deal so much with undergarments or eroticisms as much as in glamor shots of women. Marks, lines and distortions from undergarments are so much not an issue with men! Here the pictures are well made and delightful.

Some points.

Cropping can be either bold, like cutting just above the ear in the first picture, or generous giving him room to "be'. The former option would put him in very close proximity to us and increases intimacy.

However, the way you have it one can see the wonderful hair and body jewelry. Still, I would open up the space above his head. This man needs and deserves space if the hair is part of his presence. I's also add space either side too!

I disagree with close cropping as a general "mantra", rather I would go for "gestalt composing", where the crop and spaces relate to the impression you intend to project.

Next, the use of skin smoothing: here I would try to blend your result back with the original to parsimoniously only smooth 70% of what you think is needed. The image will then speak for itself in a more subtle hones fashion. This, at least for men, is how my personal taste is.

The same points go with the second portrait. I do really like the image but I might like a glimpse of form in the right side of the face and please allow the glint of the silver eyebrow jewelry to just show.

Also, the belt buckle and arm hairs could be S-curved and sharpened a tad and his great hands might be given deserved attention.

There's a circular matt correction on his pants that I'd consider redoing.

Here the space is excellent except again I'd prefer to have more room above his head. He deserves that consideration.

All in all, he's one of the best models you have shot!

Asher