• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lingerie Model Shoot

This is her first photo shoot for her as she's interested in modeling.
Comments & critiques welcome

India.jpg

--William

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
William,

She's a pretty girl and your tech on this looks decent. But her pose and expression are so stiff that she almost looks like she's in pain.

One of the most important things you can do with a model is make her feel happy and comfortable. Maybe she was not happy with her dress or shoes or she was cold or hot. She has to flirt with you and your lens. You need to connect with the people you shoot in studio (or elsewhere). Think about what you'd do if you took a beautiful woman to a nice restaurant. Romance her! Make her want to have fun. Tell her how pretty she is - not that you want to seduce her for anything more than your lense. Put on music that will set the mood - playful if that is what you want or sad if you are wanting moody pix. Make her feel the mood you want to capture.

Asher is a good one to talk to on this subject. He knows how to work a pretty lady. You have to make them want to do it for you.

janet Smith

pro member
Hi William

Not too sure about this one either (sorry), it's the pose as Kathy has already pointed out, from my point of view it would be difficult, if not impossible to look alluring in such an uncomfortable position, she looks as if she should be at the starting blocks about to run the 100m in stiletto's! also her right shoulder looks ready to send a punch, but I think she's just clinging on to the stool to prevent herself from stumbling. She has a lovely athletic body, was the intension of such a strong pose to compare her femininity with her strength??

Also it would be nice to see the head tilted backwards to lengthen her neck, instead of the chin brought forward which produces a shotened effect, and stood so that she can really arch her back and throw her head back to create an attractive curve.

To end on a positive note, I like the lighting and the fact that you are trying to do something different from the stereo-typical, it's the poses that need to look more comfortable and less contrived. She will be a good model for you to work with I'm sure, well done again, I enjoy watching your progression, please keep posting .....

Sorry - just one more thing - not too sure about the blue eye shadow either, personally I've never considered matching my eye-shadow to my pants! (but maybe that's just me!!) IMHO a darker smokey eye, would be more alluring, and make her eyes look larger, just trying to help, hope you don't mind my being picky......

Kathy and Janet,

I appreciate very much your comments and suggestions about the pose and I know it needs improvement. Actually is me who needs improvement LOL but as I said before, I have to keep trying, is the only way to get better and I don't know of another way so I must keep shooting.

The reason why I decided to post this pic was because it had a better facial expression than the other pics, I knew about the pose but I wanted to hear comments anyway to see if I was being too picky. Glad to find out that is not just me ;)

The model is 18 years old she is very shy and sexy in her unique innocent way. I just wish I would have done better getting her to pose but under the circumstances I think I did okay. I'm also planning to shoot with her again for the second time and I'm hoping to do better with her.

Thanks again for the suggestions and comments.

--William

janet Smith

pro member
Hi William

Look forward to seeing the results of the next time, I think your model and you did well, she just needs to feel comfortable and relaxed.....

Eric Hiss

I agree with all above posts. This pose is not working for this image. I've enjoyed viewing your work and look forward to see the next ones. Lingerie is probably one of the harder subject to shoot actually. Lot's of elements to get right including the choice of the cut of the garments and color to suit the model's shape and skin color.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
William

William,

Please don't take the message personally - we are just sharing our viewpoint. Sometimes with the internet you cannot pick up the inflections and intention of the message. Photography is one of those things that takes a long time to get right and even then not every shot will always be perfect. It's a life of continual practice.

kombizz kashani

nice image
don't you think your model little bit skinny
It seems to me her pose is wrong as I feel she fell off from the stall !
lovely lighting