Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > UV/IR Thermal or Xray Photography

UV/IR Thermal or Xray Photography Humans happen to use visible light naturally but now we can go beyond the usual wavelengths we appreciate, to find out more about our world and ourselves.

Old February 5th, 2013, 02:43 PM

Default Lone Snow Gum, Kangaroo Ridge.

Lone Snow Gum, Kangaroo Ridge

Gelatin-silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant 111 VC FB photographic paper, image area 21.4cm X 16.3cm, from a 67 format Efke IR820 rollfilm negative exposed in a Mamiya RB67 single lens reflex camera fitted with a 50mm f4.5 lens and a IR680 filter. Titled and signed recto, stamped verso.

There is no special processing of the materials used. The tonal result is a consequence of infrared film, an infrared filter, a nice tree, and a sunny day!
"Photography or the application of the chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation...". Photography, the word, coined and first uttered by Sir John Herschel at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London; 14 March, 1839.
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:44 PM

Oh, I love infrared and I doubly, perhaps even tripely love this image. Stunningly nice!
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:11 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maris Rusis View Post

Lone Snow Gum, Kangaroo Ridge

Gelatin-silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant 111 VC FB photographic paper, image area 21.4cm X 16.3cm, from a 67 format Efke IR820 rollfilm negative exposed in a Mamiya RB67 single lens reflex camera fitted with a 50mm f4.5 lens and a IR680 filter. Titled and signed recto, stamped verso.

There is no special processing of the materials used. The tonal result is a consequence of infrared film, an infrared filter, a nice tree, and a sunny day!

Maris,

I don't know whether you noticed, but there's a girl asleep near the base of the tree, she's bent over, her face is to the left with her black hair laid out behind her.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:28 AM

Alas, Asher there is no girl. You are a thrall of pareidolia. But it's ok. Romantic pareidolia always lends grace to the visionary.
"Photography or the application of the chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation...". Photography, the word, coined and first uttered by Sir John Herschel at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London; 14 March, 1839.
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maris Rusis View Post
Alas, Asher there is no girl. You are a thrall of pareidolia. But it's ok. Romantic pareidolia always lends grace to the visionary.
No thrall, was never traded by Vikings! I'm just a romantic. I see the best in things. Just given two threads I can make a dress and the woman inside it. It's exporting this into a material form, that's the challenge here.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:02 AM

I am so glad I didn't mention the lion as well, but thought better that his position was rather..well, I won't say...now you can see this for yourself. Double pareidolia.
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Calohan View Post
I am so glad I didn't mention the lion as well, but thought better that his position was rather..well, I won't say...now you can see this for yourself. Double pareidolia.
Got it! Magnificent. but he won't eat the girl! He's just posing for Maris, LOL!

Asher

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:21 PM

And I didn't even see a hint of Rousseau in this image.

Very wonderful image and great application of IR.