• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

revisit

Tom dinning

Registrant*
In the spirit of revisiting, I had an idle moment to browse through some shots from a 2012 visit to the UK (just in case James checks up on my date; for correctness or sand, which ever takes his fancy).
For those who know my 'Motherland' it holds no surprises as far as the weather is concerned.

Robin Hood's Bay is supposedly a bright, sunny fishing village: one day a year. The rest of the time it looks like this.

_D3S2099 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

If any of our English friends can show me what it looks like in sunlight I'd be grateful.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I have seen that lamp post before!

Chances are you have, or one similar.
The town of Goathlands was used as the backdrop for a television series in the UK called Heartbeat.
The railway station is also the one used in Harry Potter.
Its as quaint a village as you could get. My family originate from the area. Its the North Yorkshire Dales.
Some of my family still live there and I visit when I can.
One can only expect to step back to the 1950's when entering the town.
My heart is here. Its where I belong. It's my history. I have coal dust in my veins and the smell of sheep **** at my feet.
If I am nothing else, I am what my ancestors made me.
I am eternally grateful for that.