• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Autumn begins

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

... and started with rain and foggy weather.
Nevertheless this brings the chance to take photos aside the usual conditions preferred by photographers.

So I did a quick "2 summit"-visit (with the help of cablecars, certainly) of two mountains nearby at Kleinwalsertal/Austria during midday hours, just to see what's makeable during bad weather:

At the start on the Walmendingerhorn the clouds just started to closeup the sky, and a shy rest of sunshine did some fine lighting near the horizon:

an hour later on the other side of the valley, going up to Kanzelwand, the rain was king:

and it was somehow beautiful:

Fast weather changes; sounds like where I live. Fabulous photos - I'm curious what is the transparent line in the third image, a window? - Maggie

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi,

yep, there's no bad weather anyway, it matters how you deal with it.
But I recognized that there is some kind of "gap" to jump over for making pictures in the rain or rainy weather.

Maggi, yes the shot was taken through a great panoramawindow at the summitstation of the cablecar.

This is the "tristesse"-side of this shot: :)))

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi

... and started with rain and foggy weather.
Nevertheless this brings the chance to take photos aside the usual conditions preferred by photographers.

So I did a quick "2 summit"-visit (with the help of cablecars, certainly) of two mountains nearby at Kleinwalsertal/Austria during midday hours, just to see what's makeable during bad weather:

At the start on the Walmendingerhorn the clouds just started to closeup the sky, and a shy rest of sunshine did some fine lighting near the horizon:

an hour later on the other side of the valley, going up to Kanzelwand, the rain was king:

and it was somehow beautiful:

Without the rain, unless there is gold in the ground, no one flourishes!

All renewal comes with the first rains.

The first picture is wide. Is it stitched or you have ultrawide lenses?

Asher