• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Luton Carnival 2018

GarethKitchener

It was the second day of the Bank Holiday weekend and thunderstorms were threatened, but fortunately it stayed dry for the carnival in Luton! Like last year, the parade route was centred around Wardown Park, starting and ending in New Bedford Road.
Photographs taken with a Canon EOS 60D and a Tamron 70-300 lens. Processing done using Adobe Lightroom.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love the Luton Carnival pictures!

Thanks Gareth for taking us there. This is a wonderful expression of diversity and pride in identity. What a great mixing pot the U.K. is nowadays.

I was recently in Birmingham and impressed by the new buildings and modernization at the University and downtown. I was impressed by a Muslim girl in a black super-modest outfit, who served me in a superstore downtown with a perfect “Brummie” accent and the sweetest outgoing attitude. That is a great feeling!

Your pictures convey the energy and joy that comes from celebrating and treasuring ethnic differences and heritages! How could any place be more lively than this Luton Carnival!

Asher