• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Colour monochromes

that's what I call pattern and texture!

I already posted this one once
yucca.jpg

AlbiRock.jpg

This is not a BW image neither :)

Albi3-052003.jpg

This one is not new neither

aaaahhhhhhh

Littlehampton_20100711_0019.png

Not as good as the last crab from Jérome BTW...

I had a hard time for this one, it was hard to catch up the speed with only 1/1000th sec. Ah! Wildlife photography!

_MG_0428.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Green Leaves

I like it...but did the "gamut warning" flashed on yours as well?
It doesn't matter for now, here, but I like to check it from time to time, and sometimes (particularly with greens) it gives me a winter wonderland spirit. It's been a long time that I haven't printed (with care) something anyway.

Jerome Marot

The gamut warning depends on what the computer thinks you output medium will be. If you set your output medium to typewriter paper, you will get it a lot more than if you set it to a large gamut screen. So I am not really understanding the problem here: the leaves image is saved in the sRGB color space, which only includes colors that all computer screens can display. Consequently, you should not get a gamut warning unless you want to print that picture and let the computer check if your printer can print all these shades of green. A warning does not make sense if all you want is to display the picture onscreen.

And since todays fashionable monochrome is green:

I was thinking about the print side...
I check them for the sake of checking them: I'm weird...

-I kept my old Canon profiles (but I don't have that printer anymore)
-I'm checking the standard CMYK
-I'm also checking for a Fuji Frontier that I used to operate.

I, sometimes, print some photos in order to send them to the family. Nothing more.

Ruben Alfu

I like it...but did the "gamut warning" flashed on yours as well?
It doesn't matter for now, here, but I like to check it from time to time, and sometimes (particularly with greens) it gives me a winter wonderland spirit. It's been a long time that I haven't printed (with care) something anyway.

Hi Sandrine,

Yes, this is over saturated for CMYK, and probably for any printing method. When working for screen, I never check the gamut warning in other color spaces, unless I'm looking for certain appearance that requires it.

Regards

Ruben

I'm just trying to train my eyes for colour, so I keep checking and checking again, sometimes I try to predict the problems... I reckon it's working better and better.

When I was a labtech I was pretty confident with colour casts, but it was everyday training. And it's something always funny to have the trainees asking you for a colour compensation and see their jaw dropping when you answer " 10 points Mag' and problably 5 points yellow"... It was mere showing off... I know :)

But now, I'm not trained anymore and besides, I'm getting older. :)

Cem_Usakligil

Some very nice pictures in this thread, which makes it a challenge to add something worthy to the collection. Nevertheless, please allow me to share one of mine.

f19716.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Some very nice pictures in this thread, which makes it a challenge to add something worthy to the collection. Nevertheless, please allow me to share one of mine.

f19716.jpg

Cem,

This is fine!

You took your time,

but the sun is always there, waiting for us each day,

behind the details of the leaning, reaching crisscrossed trees that make so much of the fabric of life.

Asher

Ruben Alfu

Hi Jerome and Cem (so glad to see you around!),

Wonderful photos, you guys are taking this theme to a higher level!

Ruben

James Cook

Nicely done Cem. The woods are always visually appealing, but often difficult to capture well. I've seen your scene, but never managed to get it quite right with my camera.