• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Who has a Voigtlander 40mm f2 for Nikon?

I don't own one, but I am very interested in this lens too. I shoot the original Nikon F (plain, meterless prism) and there are few lenses that would go better with my F as a daily lens. I used to shoot the beautiful, but optically only average, Olympus OM Zuiko 40mm f/2.0 on my Olympus OM-3Ti, and I really liked the focal length.

The Voigtlander lens is universally praised for having resolution and contrast that competes with a Leica M-Summicron 35mm ASPH f/2.0 - but it unfortunately seems to have equally ugly bokeh!

doug anderson

I ordered it yesterday, should get it today. I'll post some photos when I take it out this weekend. If I were you I'd check Ken Rockwell's review of this lens to see about compatibility with your F.

Best,

Doug

doug anderson

I don't own one, but I am very interested in this lens too. I shoot the original Nikon F (plain, meterless prism) and there are few lenses that would go better with my F as a daily lens. I used to shoot the beautiful, but optically only average, Olympus OM Zuiko 40mm f/2.0 on my Olympus OM-3Ti, and I really liked the focal length.

The Voigtlander lens is universally praised for having resolution and contrast that competes with a Leica M-Summicron 35mm ASPH f/2.0 - but it unfortunately seems to have equally ugly bokeh!

Dawid: click here to see early shots with Voigtlander 40, nikon mount.

http://doctorlumiere.smugmug.com/Other/voigtlander-test/28881200_QfCNCB#!i=2453695265&k=dNLB3MB