• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Reserved Parking

Robert Watcher

This is how you save a parking spot on the main streets in Guatemala

3E5E476B-36C5-4633-95A3-4210E212FBF1.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The angle you chose, shows you are willing to crouch and risk splitting your lance just for a photo!

I like the ability to make use of available materials. For most in the USA in large Cities, this concept of a lost art!

However, by contrast, I have seen such remarkable resourcefulness as a common societal trait among Hispanics and Israelis newcomer families in Los Angeles.

Most of us do not have any such ability to even think "from what's available" to repurpose. We're far are to used to wondering, "what list should we give to someone else to pick up", from the local hardware store, Home Depot or the like. So we become incapable in scope of "Managing" with what we already have at hand!

I would imagine, from this one single image of yours, that, likely as not, a local Guatemalan, (growing up and becoming a scientist or engineer), would be especially gifted and creative because of this surviving native inventiveness, that becomes societal!

Think "McGuyver" without brain steroids, LOL!

Asher

What a great and interesting shot, Robert. This is wonderful. I had no idea that anything like this was done. So simple but so very cool!

Maggie