• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

He’s Pulling my Leg

Robert Watcher

Yesterday Anne and I headed across Lake Atitlan to visit a small community of artisans and weavers. I was in my glory taking photos while walking through the streets getting to know the area.

I walked into this butcher shop and asked to take a photo. He says one dollar. I said No I am poor. That’s when he pointed the big sharp knife at me. His buddy is killing himself laughing, beside me.

He then grabs the kid sitting beside him and goes into a long story about how he has no mother and no father and I need to take him away to find work so he can survive. I stuck my leg out in the air and started pulling it with my hand. The laughing friend nods his head in agreement.

D4DCE41E-F138-4615-9262-38FA7D44C355.jpg

81C0025C-A1A9-4084-9249-23A9AA7E6C56.jpg

359F6057-2B12-4B06-BFAD-BE075262A611.jpg

Peter Dexter

Yes he was pulling your leg but your gesture of pulling your own leg must have confused them because their phrase for the occasion is "tomando el pelo" or pulling the hair. Your telling him you're poor ha ha. I was with a Colombian girl in Capurganá looking at tourist trinkets and she began arguing for a lower price for some earings. The shopkeeper said " y usted andando con un gringo, no lo puedo creer que esta pidiendo discuento!" ( and you with a gringo, I can't believe you're asking for a discount!). But anyway very nice "meaty" pictures of the Indian and his shop.The latter two are the best in my opinion.