• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Beach Volleyball C&C

30D, 70-300IS at 70mm, f4, 1/2000, ISO 100

bvolleyball.jpg

Warren

http://home.comcast.net/~wbuc/Upload/bvolleyball.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Warren,

You used the 70-300IS at 70mm, f4, 1/2000, ISO 100

I'd like to know more about that lens! This is a great span of reach! At 70mm focal length this is said to be sharp? I have heard at the long end it can be soft especially wide open. Here it it seems that the ball is sharp but I'm not sure of the guys?

Perhaps this lens should be stopped down and one could easily bump the ISI to 400 and still have no noise to worry about?

Do you have others form this shoot. Since this is the new version of this lens, I'd expepect good performance. However, this isn't the EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS so one can't expect magic wide open.

Asher

Asher,

I don't know why the pic isn't showing on your computer it does on mine.

I focused on the net waiting for the action to occur. Are you saying that at F4 my DOF is so shallow that the spiker is out of focus?

Which crop do you like best? The original, Alt 1, or Alt 2

Alt 1
bvolleyball1.jpg

Alt 2
bvolleyball2.jpg

Warren