• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Second try, U19 Girls Soccer...

Shane Carter

OK, the failure of my hosted images last time prompts me to try again...as if the last time did not happen. :) This one should work so hopefully we can think about sports shooting instead of the mechanics of posting...here goes another try! Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

574900002_J4O3779.jpg

574900001_J4O4606.jpg

574900003_J4O3269.jpg

574900016_J4O3217.jpg

Changed out two. :)

Shane Carter

Hey Nill...that was a field with a super high crown and they were on the far side of it...I was sitting on a low stool, but not lower. It was very early morning and a bit of that golden hour sun got them full on.

Shane Carter

You are correct Nicolas, three feet are very handy in soccer. ;) In fact that is the only thing that keeps that shot from being perfect...oh well, will just have get those players to listen to me more when I'm telling them where to play. :)

Great images! You really captured the ladies' intensity. I think the black and white would work a little better for me if you mixed in more red to lighten the skin relative to the background. That's just my personal preference though - I tend to mix my B&W images or people as the maximum of red and green because I love the little glow it gives to the skin.

-Colleen

Shane Carter

Great images! You really captured the ladies' intensity. I think the black and white would work a little better for me if you mixed in more red to lighten the skin relative to the background. That's just my personal preference though - I tend to mix my B&W images or people as the maximum of red and green because I love the little glow it gives to the skin.

-Colleen

Thanks Colleen and good idea on the red. Agree with you and often do that, but did not with this game's...will do next time, thanks for the tip!

Kevin Keller

Shane, very nice pictures, I love how sharp they are especially the second one. Do you do allot of post processing on these or are these almost straight from the camera minus crop and resize. I shoot allot of U11 soccer but can not seem to get shots like these. Mine are OK but nothing like this.

Nice work.
Kevin

Shane Carter

Shane, very nice pictures, I love how sharp they are especially the second one. Do you do allot of post processing on these or are these almost straight from the camera minus crop and resize. I shoot allot of U11 soccer but can not seem to get shots like these. Mine are OK but nothing like this.

Nice work.
Kevin

Hey Kevin, thanks for the note. I do almost no post procecssing on any sports photos. Maybe some levels and crop, but that is it. Getting it right in camera is something that helps any image with most post work either losing pixels or getting a processed look (which I don't like at all). Not sure that helps. Mostly I think it helps to watch the backgrounds, the light, and timing. Then the technical aspects coming into play (DOF, ISO, shutter speed, etc.). But I find my best shots are standouts because of the first three elements, and of those, light is the most important.