• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

H.S. football

Steve Stone

Here's a couple that I really liked this season. All 3 to be NCAA Div 1 players. #48 is only a sophmore but Florida is looking hard at him already. The other two are South Carolina and I think Georgia bound.

IMG_9025_copyforOPF.jpg

IMG_8173_cropped_copyforOPF.jpg

Steve Stone

Thanks Nill. The second does have the vignette around the edges. I like the way it highlights the player. The lighting is pretty good. The stadium I usually shoot replaced all the lamps before the season started and the stadium where the sack was shot isn't too bad either. It's an older stadium that has more light poles than the newer schools they're building around here.

Steve

Steve Stone

Nill...it's really a "burnt edge" effect I picked up in a video tutorial. This is my method but there's easier ways to get there.
-take the ready image and make a new blank layer
-fill with black and then lower the opacity so you can see thru it
-drag the rectangular marquise tool out to where you want in the image
-select>feather to taste( I use 100 pixels)
-backspace knocks out the selection
-Cntrl D to deselect
-adjust the opacity of the burnt edge to taste

I usually wind up about 75-85% opacity. Some people like the effect some don't. I'm glad you found it appealing. I use it alot on my cheerleaders shots. The moms love 'em.

Steve

Marian Howell

i'm jealous of the great light you have there! my hs football league is not a breeding ground for elite ncaa div1 players, to say the least!, so they play in the afternoon, which can lead to some sweet shots but also to some shadow nightmares LOL! the vignette technique is cool - i love it when there is something special we can do to the shots to make the parents happy :)

Steve Stone

Thanks Shane. It's funny that I haven't even thought to crop this one. The tailback in the background lends no extra meaning to the shot. I'll give it a crop and repost.

Steve

Here's the cropped version.
IMG_9025cropweb.jpg

Last edited: