• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

US Woman's Soccer vs Canada

Shane Carter

A few from tonight...US National Team pounds Canada, 6-0 and it easily could have been more... :)

5749003_J4O2285_filtered.jpg

5749004_J4O2346_filtered.jpg

5749005_M2N5823_filtered.jpg

5749006_J4O2491.jpg

C&C encouraged as always.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Shane,

Were you the official shooter or in the stands/ Anyway I like the energy you have captured. I am amused by the commercialization of teeth braces!!

Asher

Shane Carter

Yeah, the mouth guards are cool. :)

On the field with the rest of the scrum. ;) You can tell because the lens is about 24 inches off the ground, where I park on my little stool...I'm not willing to sit on a wet field to get a few inches lower. :) This was at RFK Stadium. Light was good for an old stadium...I think they upgraded them for DC United, which calls RFK home. This is the team that will go to the World Cup and most likely win it. I'm the team photographer for the Washington Freedom and several of thier players from last year are on this team, and the women's pro season is just starting...so looking forward to that.

57490J4O2427_filtered.jpg

PS These ladies are the literally some of the best players in the game and this is quite possibly the best woman's team in the world...go see a game if you can, it is nothing like watching it on TV. :)

PPS That is Abby Wambach in the first shot... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_Wambach

Shane Carter

Hey Nill, was using two cameras, a Mk3 and Mk2n, 400 2.8 IS on the Mk3 and 70-200 2.8 IS on the Mk2n. The light very variable all over the field so used AV at 2.8, ISO 1600 and was getting shutters between 1/1600 and 1/1000...sometimes as low as 1/800. That was too much swing to shoot manual. RAW and auto WB, some WB had to be corrected with DPP, but auto did pretty well this time. I was sitting about 25 feet to one side of the goal or the other and aways behind the end line. You were allowed to go upfield to about the 18 on one side but that really messed up the backgrounds so did not so that. I could have opened a little to 3.2 but wanted the fast shutters.

Hoping to get another Mk3 or maybe replace the n with the new version of 5d whenever that comes out...the ISO performance and the 14bit files on the Mk3 are really much better at 1600, just a real step up.

Petty good attendance for a friendly, 10,000. RFK is long in the tooth but still a good stadium.

I remember going there as a kid to watch the Senators...boy oh boy, the years do go by. :)

Couple more...got a bunch... :)

5749002_J4O2175_filtered.jpg

5749006_Canfield.jpg

Shane Carter

Well I did have a lot of problems...mine is a very early version. I now have the sub-mirror fix and the latest firmware. I've not shot in the heat yet but so far, so good with the fixes...will know soon enough when it starts getting hot.

At the rate the Stones are going, you will be able to see them in 2070 too. :)