• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sunset @ 80 MPH

Jim Galli

Sunset_80mph.jpg

Gotta love these new wacky digi snapshooters.

Taken while driving at 80mph last evening.

We used to spend hours with Velvia 50 and filters galore to do these back in the day

Mike Shimwell

Are you suggesting that your digisnapper matches the colour accuracy of velvia 50 with a warming and polarising filter? I'd send it back...

Nice grab, though I thought you had much lower speed limits on the other side of the pond?

MIke

Jim Galli

Are you suggesting that your digisnapper matches the colour accuracy of velvia 50 with a warming and polarising filter? I'd send it back...

Nice grab, though I thought you had much lower speed limits on the other side of the pond?

MIke

I have found the digi's closer to Velvia than Kodachrome. Alas. Of course with these shots, that's a plus. Yes, we used to double dip on the filters galore. 812's and polarizers with an occasional FL thrown in for good measure. Or if God wasn't cooperating at all, an 85b. Oh, the speed limit on the road I was on is 45mph.

Rachel Foster

Please, please tell me you were the passenger? I know you said "while driving," but you really meant "while riding" in the car......

Jim Galli

Please, please tell me you were the passenger? I know you said "while driving," but you really meant "while riding" in the car......

Only one person in the car. Bad Jim Bad Jim!

Oh yes, gotta love the noise of them digisnappers. Really nails that Velvia.

A film guy! Cool.

To be in character, tell us that the car you were in is older than you are.

The car had 00169 miles on it. Spanking new. I was breaking it in!

Martin Evans

ISTR that the Highways Department of an adjacent State used to publish a magazine called "Arizona Sunsets". They were great. No doubt you will claim that the Nevada sunsets are better!

Cheers,

Martin Evans

Now that would be even more out of character than driving a new car and shooting a digital camera!

You're a wild lot, aren't you. I know that you shoot at lots of things in Nevada, but since when has shooting digital cameras been a State sport?

BTW, since when have you had speed limits? When I drove there, in the 1960s, the advice was merely to "Drive with Prudence". I often wondered whether any baby girls were ever christened "Prudence" in Nevada....

Cheers,