Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Photography as Art

Photography as Art Original boundary-testing images. Open to comments without moderation. For works intended for clients and galleries submit to GALLERY ONE.

Old September 11th, 2017, 03:02 PM

Default Crane and moon

That's all, well, there are some trees as well.

Best regards
Michael
Old September 11th, 2017, 03:53 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Nagel View Post
That's all, well, there are some trees as well.

Best regards
Michael
Even though the moon is such a tiny element, it's so basic to human understanding that it can be a key element.

The crane, of course is universally understood and recognized, so even when not lit, it is read correctly every time too. The position of the moon, not simply above the crane, (but a tad to the right), completes a very clean composition. As perfect as can be! But not too perfect to be serene and melancholic at the same time, ........like a well layed out Japanese garden with just pebbles and a single stone bowl.

It would be a challenge for anyone to give the picture any other name and fit so well!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old September 12th, 2017, 04:22 AM

The shot shows the layers of color which is just so beautiful as nature shows it beauty wonderfully and the image depicts it. The tiny moon which is glooming is very nicely captured in the picture.
Old September 12th, 2017, 10:53 AM

That crescent moon really makes the picture, Michael.
Old September 12th, 2017, 01:47 PM

Asher, Roshni, Jarmo,

Thanks! It was a pleasant evening with friends. The picture is all about the colours for me. I didn't have a tripod at hand so I had to use a high ISO setting.

Best regards
Michael