Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Pet's Corner: Professional as well as enjoyable photos of your pets.

Old October 30th, 2012, 07:29 PM

Default Sammy in Circles

Took this down by the lake last week. It looks better bigger.

Cheers
Mike
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Michael,

You have a nice wide lens. Great color and composition. There's curvature of the horizon! Wonderful dog!

Asher
16mm fisheye lens with 'full-frame' sensor size, Asher. I 'm figuring out how to tame fisheye effects without cropping or post-processing. What that means are decisions not to photograph otherwise enticing scenes with peripheral objects that would look out-of-place with extreme curvature. So each photo requires thought about composition additional to that with a more rectilinear lens.

This photo came about by chance. I'd decided on a photo of the lake with some curvature of the horizon to add interest and the angles of the reeds not too incongruous. Then Sammy jumped in and started splashing about. The ripples she made complemented the curvature I hoped to convey.

And you're right, she is a wonderful dog. Someone dumped her in our neighbourhood a couple of years ago, evidently not wanting a bitch that had just had pups. I found her foraging in garbage and with some guile managed to catch her. She was a physical mess then but a happy dog now.

Cheers
Mike

Last edited by Michael_Stones; November 1st, 2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:34 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

This is superb! I am going to start a new thread on such energetic images from the Fisheye!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.