Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Fashion - Glamour - Product - Advertising

Old August 27th, 2010, 02:20 PM
pro member

Default Nadine

A few from today
Some will recognise the stairs from last weeks session, it's the new stairs for the second floor in our studio and somehow I thought I needed to shoot another series on it :D

MvrGr.
Frank
Old August 27th, 2010, 02:20 PM
pro member

Sorry one more :

Old August 27th, 2010, 03:05 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Frank,

Nadine is so great with your wonderful lighting. I sure like your generous use of darkness rolling into light.

I will enjoy everyone one and you are an inspiration for me to move to more dramatic lighting.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:12 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Frank Doorhhof: Nadine

Nadine's pose is so interesting. Yes it'd been done before and likely it's taught in modeling schools. But here it works so well and she's so gentle in here tease, and almost really shy!

I do question the presentation of her calf so detailed and perhaps drawing too much unsubtle attention from her face. It's not necessary, in this case for such specific drawing of the beautiful legs with hard shadows. This is also made more severe than needed by not allowing a sliver of light to draw the dress in a track that unites the pictures. So I think this picture while my favorite as is, might, perhaps, still be moved up a notch in impact.

Thanks for sharing such beauty and talent from both of you!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old August 28th, 2010, 12:49 AM
pro member

Main light with this was a gridded striplight so the intention was to make the light really low and limited, in other words, almost let her be one with the background.
I could have made her step one step forward and add a small rimlight, but in this case it would take away from the idea :D

On the other shots, we're experimenting with the Lighttools eggcrates on the Elinchrom Deep Octa and the Chimera strip, so those lights were used for all other shots.
It gives an amazing almost spot like effect but still incredibly "deep octa" in appearance. So I love it :D