Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Fashion - Glamour - Product - Advertising

Old March 1st, 2012, 08:08 PM

Default Edgy Editorial (NSFW partial nude)

been a while... latest shoot I did. I know editorials are suppose to be 6 pics and more...but here is one of them.

c & c appreciated
Old March 1st, 2012, 08:27 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Fernandez View Post
been a while... latest shoot I did. I know editorials are suppose to be 6 pics and more...but here is one of them.

c & c appreciated
Hi Phil,

Glad to see you here again.

This picture has some immediately interesting characteristics.
  • Full hair and face towards us is engaging
  • The two hands form a strong diagonal going up from left to right , an excellent compositional idea
  • Covering most of the front of a nude body provides a challenge to us, but is not offensive to most folk.
What I have questions about are the shadows which might work if the text to go with this balances this and that I doubt. The shadow from her arm is really distracting. Also does her back have to be so rounded? It could be that with the text, it makes perfect sense.

Asher

BTW, why do folk expect at least 6 oils for editorial? How did that come about?

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 10:54 PM

thanks Asher. No way out on that shadow unless it's PPed out.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 11:02 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Fernandez View Post
thanks Asher. No way out on that shadow unless it's PPed out.
Well the shadow behind is removable in less than 5 minutes. However, I'm starting to think, "How would I do that in film?" In that case, if we don't want the shadow, it shouldn't be there in the first place. I get myself into the same bind too often and post processing always rears its ugly head.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:30 AM

thanks Asher,

that shadow behind her is intentional. It's a trend that you see in high fashion a lot.

About the editorial question.. .I don't know why it has to be six. All I know is that you have to have a bunch of images that tells the whole storie... with similar looks or with the same model.