Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Asher Kelman's Public and Private Art

Asher Kelman's Public and Private Art Yes I photograph for many reasons. Much of my work has been with public charities to pay back for the opportunities given to me all my life. This year I'm going public with Photography shows and sculptures submitted for folk to enjoy in city gardens and parks. So let me share with you what I do!

Old April 11th, 2011, 03:56 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Default Composed Scenes

Asher Kelman: Spring celebration

Sketch for tableaux, do not download

There are different kinds of geometric compression in the architecture and the musicians. Very slight movements forward or backward in placement of people have a huge effect on size and therefore how much space to each side is made available or used up. So one cannot readily stage it all beforehand, even if one could get the folks together at the same time. Whereas the architecture is greatly distorted by a circular projection for my purposes, the musicians are not. Their forms are correct only in size to fit in with a rectilinear view of them in an artificially compressed deep space. I'll be posting updates.

Thanks for your feedback,

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 10th, 2015, 09:09 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Default Composed Scenes

Another section

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.