Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Fashion - Glamour - Product - Advertising

Old January 11th, 2016, 10:34 AM

Default Maria at Surin Beach, Phuket

Haven't picked up a camera or posted for quite a while, but I just purchased a camera I have coveted (Nikon D750) and felt inspired. (People argue, justifiably, that buying a 'better' camera does not make you a better photographer, and I agree. However, I do believe that buying a piece of equipment you love and covet can inspire you to take pictures you might otherwise not take.)

Here are some shots I took of Maria the other day at Surin Beach in Thailand...of course, a great model, wonderful natural light, and a heavenly location all help too...you don't need to be that good a photographer if the set up is conducive...you just have to let the muse visit

Old January 11th, 2016, 08:29 PM

Nice and crisp set of images... I especially like #3 and #5.
Old January 11th, 2016, 08:57 PM

Thanks James
Old January 11th, 2016, 10:39 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Allan View Post
Haven't picked up a camera or posted for quite a while, but I just purchased a camera I have coveted (Nikon D750) and felt inspired. (People argue, justifiably, that buying a 'better' camera does not make you a better photographer, and I agree. However, I do believe that buying a piece of equipment you love and covet can inspire you to take pictures you might otherwise not take.)

Here are some shots I took of Maria the other day at Surin Beach in Thailand...of course, a great model, wonderful natural light, and a heavenly location all help too...you don't need to be that good a photographer if the set up is conducive...you just have to let the muse visit

These are so beautifully imagined and constructed. God made the scene and the woman, but you had to put them together. You did so well. The images give a wonderfully opposed set of worlds, the transient beauty we are lucky to hold on to for a decade or two and then the timeless perfection of the landscape nature always gives us a a reference by which we can then measure our time.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.