Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Uptown: Explore at your risk! Beware! You hold OPF harmless by you participation! > Education, Training, Workshops and Shoot Opportunities.

Education, Training, Workshops and Shoot Opportunities. Photography & Printing: Articles, Books, Training, Seminars & Travel. Approx 12 lines per post. Combine your items in one thread per member.

Old January 13th, 2010, 12:16 PM

Default Head Shot How-to - a basic guide to shooting head shots

I have started a simple tutorial blog on how to shoot good head shots on my blog if anyone is interested in viewing it.

For now only the first post is up, but more will follow soon.

the link is http://www.radiantsquares.com/2010/0...t-how-tos.html
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:28 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Detwiler View Post
I have started a simple tutorial blog on how to shoot good head shots on my blog if anyone is interested in viewing it.

For now only the first post is up, but more will follow soon.

the link is http://www.radiantsquares.com/2010/0...t-how-tos.html
Hi Ray,

You are ambitious and generous in sharing ideas on headshots. Amusing that you consider the head as having a say in the process! I hope you will take items you've mentioned and deal with them each again in some detail. It's a good start and worth the read!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:57 AM

I've bookmarked it. Thanks!
Old January 14th, 2010, 02:32 PM

I'd love to cover things in more detail. What things would you like me to expand on?
Old January 15th, 2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Hi Ray,

You are ambitious and generous in sharing ideas on headshots. Amusing that you consider the head as having a say in the process! I hope you will take items you've mentioned and deal with them each again in some detail. It's a good start and worth the read!

Asher
I would love to delve into more detail on anything you think might be beneficial for the site readers. Just let me know what you think would be worth getting more details on.
Old May 20th, 2018, 10:10 PM

Beyond the technical stuff (like being in focus and well-lit), a good headshot portrait is dependent upon the industry and the use you have for it--i.e., I wouldn't advise shirt-off for you but that might be totally appropriate for a pro wrestler.