Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Art from Found Photographs

Art from Found Photographs Sadly, works get forgotten. A good eye can bring new life if one has humor, knowledge and vision. The used pictures must be either yours, from the public domain or legal rights of usage having been obtained. Be prepared to explain image sources without being defensive or mad at the moderator. This does not diminish your art, just helps with historical provenance.

Old March 5th, 2015, 12:12 PM

Default Perfect Landing

Here is "art" from a found photograph, with the my addition of the bird, called Perfect Landing.

Closeup ...

//http://www.pellepiano.com
Old March 11th, 2015, 05:05 AM

I just Love These!!!

Charlotte-
Old March 11th, 2015, 12:53 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Ellström View Post
Here is "art" from a found photograph, with the my addition of the bird, called Perfect Landing.

Closeup ...

Well done Per.

I can't think of a better element to add to Alfred's head! His movie "Birds" always has haunted me!

I love the colors. did you do this in software, if so what did you use, or is it from a print and with real acrylic or oil paint?

Also, what is the provenance of the original? Is it in public domain? If not, it's good to get consent so as not to have some fight with someone or their heirs, down the road?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 12th, 2015, 02:33 AM

Thanks!

Its a mix of everything =) ( all brush strokes are my own though ) and the final product is mostly acrylic paint and 4 layers of different "fluids" to get a surface that is a little original ( Satin Varnish etc ).

When the painting was done I was afraid to publish the painting online so I contacted the film company and they contacted the Hitchcock Estate and they gave me permission to use my painting =) online.

Old June 11th, 2015, 06:27 AM

My favourite part is how the bird is looking in a slightly different direction. Its realistic and gives the photo a sense of depth, while making Hitchcock come across as even cooler/mystical. The found art idea is amazing, going to try and incorporate it into some of my own work. Thanks for the inspiration!
Old June 20th, 2017, 11:36 PM

The color which are used are so pretty which makes the bird to Alfred's head good. The color blends are beautiful. I loved the image. Appreciate!!
Old June 20th, 2017, 11:46 PM

Thank you.