Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Portrait in Natural Light Especially!

Old June 18th, 2017, 03:57 PM

Default Zack

Here are a few shots I got of my roommate, the first two I did not edit at all. I might end up going in and adjusting the lighting/contrast/color but probably not.

Last edited by Asher Kelman; June 25th, 2017 at 09:24 AM.
Old June 25th, 2017, 09:27 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Volk View Post
Here are a few shots I got of my roommate, the first two I did not edit at all. I might end up going in and adjusting the lighting/contrast/color but probably not.

Nick,

This, with the reflection, is excellent. Great tonalities!

Print it for him!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old June 25th, 2017, 02:14 PM

This is very strange. The third picture is a composite of the first and second, where the exposure of the second has been corrected. Yet, we still have this strange pipe and Zack looks more distressed than happy.

What are you trying to achieve here?
Old June 25th, 2017, 04:56 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Nick,

I completely failed to recognize a composite! You had me fooled!

I was so impressed with the idea of a reflection, that I was distracted, really inattentive and uncritical, LOL! I am embarrassed by my failure.

How could I miss the so obvious flaws of the "apparent reflection going beyond the boundaries of the frame on the wall, or not even notice the linearity in his face from the underlying jack support holding up the ceiling?

We shouldn't get so carried away with first impressions. What happened to my observational skills! Looks like I see what I want!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.