Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Street - People & Portraits: As Fine Art

Street - People & Portraits: As Fine Art Private Forum for Portrait and People Photography outside North America to lean towards the European roots of Street Photography of Strangers. Each photographer is solely responsible for addressing local customs and law.

Old July 11th, 2017, 01:17 PM

Default My 90y/o grandmother at a Bodyworlds exhibit

Looking into myself

(Minox 35GT, 35mm f/2.8, Ilford HP5, darkroom print on Ilford MG Art 300 FB)

For somebody that was born in 1926, and had literally seen the technological age unfold before her eyes, it was such a revelation to see the spectre of the real human body, laid bare before us.

To events like these, where photography is forbidden, I always sneak in my small Minox :-) Shot from the hip, and with scale focusing - sometimes things work out beautifully.

This is my most treasured darkroom print from 2017 so far.
Old July 12th, 2017, 10:55 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawid Loubser View Post

Looking into myself

(Minox 35GT, 35mm f/2.8, Ilford HP5, darkroom print on Ilford MG Art 300 FB)

For somebody that was born in 1926, and had literally seen the technological age unfold before her eyes, it was such a revelation to see the spectre of the real human body, laid bare before us.

To events like these, where photography is forbidden, I always sneak in my small Minox :-) Shot from the hip, and with scale focusing - sometimes things work out beautifully.

This is my most treasured darkroom print from 2017 so far.
Dawid,

This is one of the most treasured posts for me to see! First it celebrates a wonderful woman who has nurtured, sustained and guided several new generations, next it relies on film itself representing the origins of the very word, "photograph" , it was captured with a miniaturized full frame German camera, an instrument for thinking photographers that allowed large pro from a truly pocketable camera and lastly that you yourself developed, processed and printed the image yourself.

Thanks you for bringing us into your family circle with this shot. I do hope there are other pictures on the same roll which are equally worth sharing.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old July 14th, 2017, 10:44 PM

Hello Dawid,

You shared one of the most good post who is viewing revelation to see the spectre of the real human body in such a constant and curious manner and that is captured beautifully by you. Thanks for sharing this shot and hope to see such shots in future again!