Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Uptown: Explore at your risk! Beware! You hold OPF harmless by you participation! > Education, Training, Workshops and Shoot Opportunities.

Education, Training, Workshops and Shoot Opportunities. Photography & Printing: Articles, Books, Training, Seminars & Travel. Approx 12 lines per post. Combine your items in one thread per member.

Old September 17th, 2007, 06:18 PM

Default Alt processes work shop

for those Interested I am planing to do a work shop out of my house or the Viva gallery soon
I think I will start with Cyanotype as it is a basic and not to expensive processes to get started with
If Interested drop me a line and will get it going !
The processes and dates are open for suggestions we need at least 8 people for platinum to make it worth the effort .

castilg@yahoo.com

We are not moved by things ,but by the views we take of them.
Epictitus
My site
Contact
Old September 17th, 2007, 09:07 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

This is a great idea! PM me!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.

Last edited by Asher Kelman; September 18th, 2007 at 01:25 AM.
Old September 27th, 2007, 08:58 AM

Default Alternative process workshop Encino

Cyanotype Class Description
This is an on going class the schedule is open and as soon as 3 to 5 people enroll the class starts I am hoping to do this once a month on the last Sunday.
The class last approximately 6 hours it starts in the morning at 9:00 it then brakes for a one hour lunch at noon and reconvenes at 1:15 to 3:30 / 4:00pm
the cost is $75.00 per person all materials are Included .

Learn how to create your own photographic paper using historical photographic process such as Cyanotype and Van Dyke (Brown prints). The class is designed so that beginners and more experienced photographers and artists can enjoy and come away with the knowledge to create unique images whether photographs or photograms. This is what is called contact printing – the image will be the same size as the negative so large negatives will be available for the participants.
for more information please go to the contact page
send an PM

Epictitus
My site
Contact
Old September 27th, 2007, 05:24 PM

Default Cyanotype Workshop an Introduction to contact printing and Alternative processes

Introduction to Historical Photographic Process
Workshop with Gustavo Castilla

13261 Moorpark Street
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(818) 385-0080
Time: 1:00 – 5:00pm On Sundays

Fee: $75.00 per person, includes materials fee. Minimum of 5 students, maximum 10.
To register: or for more information , send an email or go to this link

Materials Supply List: All materials are included. The participants will have enough materials to practice at home.

Instructor’s website
Class Description

Learn how to create your own photographic paper using historical photographic process such as
Cyanotype and Van Dyke (Brown prints). The class is designed so that beginners and more experienced photographers
and artists can enjoy and come away with the knowledge to create unique images whether photographs or photograms.
This is what is called contact printing – the image will be the same size as the negative so large negatives will be available for the participants.

About Your Instructor
Gustavo Castilla obtained a certificate in Graphic Design with a specialization in Digital Imaging from UCLA Extension
and subsequently completed work for various companies including Universal Studios Online,
Jewels on Rodeo, Michael Alan Design, and Business.com, as well as various individuals.

At the same time, he has continued to express his artistic vision and creative passion
through medium and large format photography that he develops and print himself using various
alternative processes. In recent years he has taken a particular interest in still life, landscape, and abstract photography.

Some of his most recent medium and large format pieces have been displayed at
VIVA Gallery, the Lincoln Avenue Exposition, the Alternative Photography Institute Symposium.
and Laguna Art Museum

My Kallitype flicker group

Epictitus
My site
Contact